Friday Funnies. Everybody wants to play the Cubs right now.

I know I didn't represent ALL the teams who'd want a piece of the Cubs right now, if they could.
The ones with a chance to get in this new expanded playoff system.
But after watching the Nats just score at will off some of the lamest pitching ever, you know they'd all want to play the Cubs.

Like shooting ducks in a barrel.
Playing with a loaded deck.
Men against boys, as we've recently heard.

The Pirates get the Cubs 7 more times before the end of the season, the Reds 3...

But there's one team that doesn't want to play the Cubs.
A team anxious only to beat the Cubs to the worst record, and thus the number one pick.
Namely, the Astros.

Hope you got a laugh, they're hard to come by lately.

• 3rd inning...soler walked twice in the game...first time since aug 4th last year in the regular season (2 times in the playoffs, amazingly).

crunch 17 min 9 sec ago view
  • Good gravy, was that a much-appreciated top of the first.

Transmission 44 min 52 sec ago view
  • That's a good analogy, bb...  Nice to see tonight's game start with a 104 yard kickoff return TD.

Transmission 47 min 12 sec ago view
  • Grichuk won the game last night but a decent CF would have caught that drive by Ross. Good Cubbery!

Cubster 47 min 26 sec ago view
  • this game is WAY better than last night.

6 run 1st for the cubs...

crunch 49 min 23 sec ago view
  • Very bizarre game -- as you say, both Cubs pitchers were dominant until the one fatal pitch. It was like watching the Bears defense shut down a team, and then lose on 2 punt returns. Some better hitting with RISP would be a good idea, too.

• Trouble Boys, the Replacements bio, is a great option. I'm sure Chad loved it.

Tito 3 hours 32 min ago view
  • Amen Brick. What's the point of following early-season games if you can't over-react to them? What, we should be reading books now?

• "Weren't the National considered a near lock last year?"

No, I think you're thinking of Radiohead, The 1975, or Bowie's last album.

Although The National's Greatful Dead tribute is pretty cool.

• I don't think they're any kind of lock, though I do expect they'll make the playoffs.

It's not like I'm glad they've gone 4-8. I just don't think it's time to be all that worried -- just like I didn't think they were going to keep playing .730 ball.

Tito 4 hours 3 min ago view
  • vegas isn't a fan of the game because of how erratic and unpredictable it is.

SF has recently won 3 world series many thought they weren't supposed to win...BOS won a world series recently that they weren't even supposed to be in the playoffs for...favored teams with huge wins have seen 1st round exists...fun times.

• I think they'll be ok too. But having watched this team since the mid-60s, I never think it's time to conclude, well, thank god the drought is over. I've seen/heard way too many people who follow the Cubs say glad we're finally going to win the Series this year. Please. Weren't the National considered a near lock last year?

BobbyD 4 hours 22 min ago view
  • Best record in baseball and largest division lead.

I'm jumping right now!

Tito 4 hours 39 min ago view
  • Can we please stop pointing out how ridiculous it is to panic and start panicking in earnest?

Brick 6 hours 3 min ago view
  • ,571 winning percentage in May.

I think they're gonna be OK.

Tito 7 hours 25 min ago view
  • RAISIN: All I know is that Oscar de la Cruz is still shut down, and I don't know what his prognosis is, or what the plan is going forward.

Arizona Phil 9 hours 44 min ago view