Jim Hendry was on XM radio with Rob Dibble and his co-host...Stern something or other. The completely uninteresting highlights:
- trading DeRosa was the toughest trade he ever made
- too right-handed
- Fontenot and Miles at second base
- No talks at all with Baltimore for "the player" (Brian Roberts)
- couple of deals expected over the next few weeks, in 7-10 days they expect to add a left-handed hitting outfielder
- seems content with the bullpen, Lou and Rothschild will figure out the closer between Gregg and Marmol in spring training
- not going to the hockey game, currently visitng his brother in Louisiana
- Soriano's just streaky, not worried about his playoff performance or wilting under the pressure
- Sale completed within next month he hears
- Payroll is set until new owner is named, had to move money to add money
- humorous bit about not caring what the Yankees spend and he's spent plenty on his part and if he didn't, he probably would have been fired by now.
No mention of the Jason Marquis trade, but you have to assume it's one of those deals expected over the next few weeks.
On another note, this Stern fella sounds like a bigger idiot than Rob Dibble, which I didn't think was possible. He keeps harping about Brian Roberts and just called Mike Fontenot a "punch and judy" hitter.
Dr. Hecht's simulcast after the jump...