Ryan Dempster waiting at the baggage claim from hell.

It's so cruel watching Ryan Dempster pitch one outstanding game after another and still not get his first win of '12.
Well, I guess he did give up 4 earned runs so his ERA ballooned to 1.97, but still.

He's winless in his last 15 starts.
Oh well, the baggage conveyor belt just keeps going and one day it'll spit out a W.
Could you believe it when Mitchell Boggs threw a strike to Soriano in the 8th?
You'd swear that Tony Campana took off from 2nd and scrammed all the way home before Matt Holliday's relay got to the infield.
If they put some of these Campana plays in a time capsule and aliens watch them a hundred years from now they'll say, "The film's been tampered with. Humans...can't...move...like that."
Super fun to watch especially since it was against the Cardinals who had just gotten swept by the team the Cubs just took 2 of 3 from, the Braves.
The Cubs got 14 hits including 3 from Bryan LaHair who also got a homer to keep his name in the top 5 hr leaders in the NL.
Today it's Paul Maholm and his good mojo vs. Kyle Lohse who's only gone 5 innings his last two starts.
And since it's a shortie 2-game series, well, one little win means a you know what in St. Louis.
Go Cubs.

Comments

Could you believe it when Mitchell Boggs threw a strike to Soriano in the 8th?

Haha... why would anyone do that!?

Well, you have to be willing to challenge the guys you know don't have the physical tools to take you yard.

He's been a little better with what he swings at, but I couldn't help thinking..just watch, it'll be in the dirt way off the plate and strike three. I am constantly amazed when anybody throws one over the plate to Soriano in a situation like that.

• Thank you PHIL.

Glad you avoided temps in the 100s.

I remember you mentioning Dewees needng plenty of work in th IF. How are his OF instincts?

Also, did see much of Satchel McElroy? Only Satchel I have heard about other than the "orignal" and one of Woody Allen's kids.

The E-Man 1 hour 20 min ago view
  • Hate to give the Mets credit, but they did everything right tonight in what had to be a very tough game for them to play. As Hollandsworth said on the Cubs post-game -- if you watched the game, you saw Mets players consoling Marlins players who were in tears during the game. Between that and the way Molina handled the Ross farewell -- maybe the Mets and Cardinal players aren't pure evil. Just the fans.

• New York Mets @Mets
    Dee Gordon lead-off home run. #AintEvenMad #BiggerThanBaseball 1-0 Miami.
    7:25 PM - 26 Sep 2016

• Amazing effort by Gordon -- truly remarkable.

• Cubs get 100, KB gets 100, Hendricks gets below 2.00, Cards get absolutely destroyed by the Reds -- all good, other than some Rondon concern. Hopefully, he can get a few outings in this week and find his groove. Also, I guess Soler is still struggling with his right side. Hmmmm. Too bad Joe didn't let Addy bat with the bases loaded in the 7th -- great RBI opportunity.

I assume all the relievers are on a set schedule this week, but it seems strange Chapman pitched back-to-back.

• Barry Rozner article interviewing Greg Maddux (with comments on Kyle Hendricks).

"I like watching him pitch," Maddux said of Hendricks. "I like guys that rely on movement and location. I can relate to him. That's what I had to do. "I'd rather watch him pitch than some lefty throwing 95 mph."

Cubster 10 hours 14 min ago view
  • cubs win #100. neat.

• Chapman in to stop the bleeding.

Brick 10 hours 29 min ago view
  • they're falling apart late in WAS...damn.

crunch 11 hours 38 sec ago view
  • Wilson Ramos may be hurt badly. Carried off the field. Looks like the knee.

John Beasley 11 hours 3 min ago view
  • Hendricks 6 shutout innings, ends night with an ERA of 1.99

Cubster 11 hours 13 min ago view
  • in case it hasn't been mentioned yet, Twins are hiring Indians 32-year old Derick Falvey from the Cleveland Native Americans organization.

Suppose McLeod could still be asked by another organization but likely staying put.

• Well put, both your remark, and Crunch's.

Transmission 12 hours 13 min ago view
  • I saw the Gordon HR. It was like a funeral where the mourners were made to play baseball. So sad...

CTSteve 12 hours 17 min ago view
  • i wanted to watch more of it, but it started to feel like i was going beyond witnessing a human experience that isn't often seen into an uncomfortable voyeurism. these guys are in pain.

• wow I am glad I missed the start of the MIA game.  I would have been sobbing.

Transmission 12 hours 45 min ago view