Should be gorgeous weather on Opening Day.

Seriously, can't believe how fabulous the weather's been.

I've had the top down almost every day for a couple weeks now.
Yep, can't wait for Opening Day.

(if only I could spell "gorgeous")

Comments

"With the rotation basically set and Joe Mather expected to win the final bench spot, one or two bullpen spots remain in flux, as is the backup catcher battle between Welington Castillo and Steve Clevenger."

[ ]

"Garza said he wanted to stay in and was surprised Sveum came out to get him. He had entered the inning at 65 pitches with a pitch count limit of 80."

'"I was like 'What are you doing out here? It's the fifth,'" Garza said. "He said: 'You have 80 pitches.' I said: 'I don't care.' And he said 'Well, I do. I still have to keep my job the next couple of years.'"'

On the radio this am, I heard the 1 word forecast including opening day: Frigid

Typical.

The Braves have released RHP Aaron Shafer, a 2nd round pick by the Cubs in 2008.

Ha...great toon.

Well done Tim, well done indeed.

One of your best!

Had me cracking up out loud..

As deniro told crystal in 'analyze this' - 'you...you're good, you...'

Wow. Thanks all!

• The official police report on Chapman:

You can draw your own conclusions.

Old and Blue 4 min 28 sec ago view
  • Where is he going to play for the Cubs?

Rob Richardson 31 min 18 sec ago view
  • That was, ummmm, you know. A joke?

Old and Blue 36 min 13 sec ago view
  • Even from an on-field perspective, Torres is a 19-year-old beating up High-A pitching who also plays a great SS. Even if he never develops a legit MLB power stroke, he's still an obvious 4-tool guy with a very high floor. Sucks to trade away his next 6-8 years for a closer, albeit a great one.

John Beasley 2 hours 5 min ago view

pretty much sums up my feelings

• You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 8 hours 18 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

Arizona Phil 8 hours 44 min ago view

• I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

• I'd prefer it not happen too.