Tues Funnies: When does a Cub Fan's service clock start?

With all this talk about Cub prospects and their service clocks, I couldn't help but think about mine.
Click for gif.

My grandfather was a Cub Fan.
Passed down to my dad, then on to me.
I figure my service clock started in the early 1900s.
Do I get to be a Super 2?
Do I get Free Agency?
DO I GET TO SIGN SOME LUCRATIVE CONTRACT?
HELL NO!
It wasn't like I had a choice, man.
I WAS FREAKING BORN THIS WAY.

Whoaaaaa, buddy.
Calm down.
Deep breaths.
In.
Out.
In.
Out.

Okay.
I've waited over a hundred years.
I guess I can wait another year (or so) til Kris Bryant is ready.
I guess Javier Baez could use a little more seasoning.
C.J. Edwards, go ahead and eat.
Get some meat on your bones.

I'll still be here.
Whoever's reading this will be too.

Comments

Maybe I could get traded to the Pirates...

Love it CubbyBlue!!!!

>C.J. Edwards, go ahead and eat.

*golf clap*

"James McDonald told reporters on Tuesday that he is merely battling shoulder tendinitis."

Good news.

CHC/TEX live on MLB Network 10pm (ET)

TEX is on a split squad and currently playing another game. choo is the only "major" name batter in that game, fwiw. chirinos is also playing in that game in case anyone is still interested in him.

Chris Coghlan, 1B
Donnie Murphy, SS
Ryan Kalish, CF
Mike Olt, DH
Javier Baez, 2B ◄──
Rafael Lopez, C
Darnell McDonald, LF
Brett Jackson, RF
Jeimer Candelario, 3B

hammel pitching.

Olt, 2 Run blast in the top of 3rd vs Texas. Almost forgot who's batting next,...almost.

AND THEN BAEZ HITS ONE BACK TO BACK.

Remember Javy.

I don't think he is going to let us forget him. What an amazing swing that guy has.

Reminds me of June 2011 and Wilken saying he thought the Cubs got the best righty and lefty bats in the draft. The lefty was Vogelbach. (And that's why TW has a job with the team today.)

• That's a hell of a first impression by Montgomery. Brian Cashman having a good laugh on that debut.

Eric S 5 hours 51 min ago view
  • ...and it's a 3 run homer.

hey, vogelbomb had a HR on his 1st game with SEA AAA, too!

• montgomery comes on with men on 1st/2nd, 2 out, in the 8th.

• from rotoworld...

"Tommy Stokke of FanRag Sports reports Chris Sale was sent home from U.S. Cellular Field on Saturday after cutting up throwback jerseys that he did not want to wear.

• I thought the same. It'd be great luck to face these non-contenders after the trade deadline.

• ...why isn't j.lucroy playing for TEX yet?

2r HR on a 12-pitch AB.

• nathan to join the cubs tomorrow.

• Wow in deed.

Rob Richardson 9 hours 15 min ago view
  • FOX Sports @MLBONFOX
    Chris Sale was scratched from tonight's scheduled start due to a clubhouse incident before the game

...wow

he was sent home by the team, too. the wsox released a press statement and everything. they stated it was non-physical in nature.

• He was scratched from his start today. No reason given.

Rob Richardson 9 hours 25 min ago view
  • At the start of the season the book was that he was trying to pitch to more contact so he could stay in the game longer and it seems to be working so far. Contact against is 77.5% this year and it was 70.2% the year before. He averaged 6.7 IP/game last year and so far it's 7 IP/game. His actual pitches per game are only down to 106.1/game from 107.2/game last year but if he's able to go a bit farther into games without throwing more pitches and without giving up more runs that is a good thing.

• sale's skills and insane value makes it almost too hard to have a market for the guy...he's got 3/38m owed to him over 3 seasons (2 team options). he could easily pull in 30m/yr if he was on the market as a FA.

he's throwing a bit differently this season, especially with more sliders and less changeups like earlier in his career, but all his stuff still looks great even if the HRs are a little elevated and the Ks are down.

• Torres, Happ, McKinney, Jimenez, and Candelario for Sale. Deal or no deal?

"The White Sox are reportedly asking for “five top prospects” for Chris Sale, FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman reports."

John Beasley 12 hours 37 min ago view
  • Unless he develops 30+ HR power and keeps his walk rate close to his K rate at the MLB level, he's not going to turn into Prince Fielder. And even if he does turn into Prince Fielder, he's gonna have a short prime. His very limited athleticism is likely to also detract some value from his ability to reach base--I don't buy making an out as being preferable to base clogging, but you'd certainly prefer just about any base runner other than Vogelbach, David Ortiz, etc.

• seeing as arod has played a total of 27.1 innings of D at 1st/3rd and somehow managed a -0.5 dWAR with his 1 error at 1st and an overall positive total zone rating...he might end up even more in the shitter via the characteristics/flaws/whatever of how some sites determine various WAR values. dWAR doesn't directly lead to a WAR value, but the 2 main entities pushing the most popular variations of WAR sometimes lead to some interesting discrepancies in value.

• I have a lot of faith in Baez that he's going to turn into a more consistent, solid player. It looks like it took him about a half season or so of futility at the plate to figure out he was not talented enough to get away with the crazy approach he had. I think his running game will eventually have a more measured aggression.