Tues Funnies: When does a Cub Fan's service clock start?

With all this talk about Cub prospects and their service clocks, I couldn't help but think about mine.
Click for gif.

My grandfather was a Cub Fan.
Passed down to my dad, then on to me.
I figure my service clock started in the early 1900s.
Do I get to be a Super 2?
Do I get Free Agency?
DO I GET TO SIGN SOME LUCRATIVE CONTRACT?
HELL NO!
It wasn't like I had a choice, man.
I WAS FREAKING BORN THIS WAY.

Whoaaaaa, buddy.
Calm down.
Deep breaths.
In.
Out.
In.
Out.

Okay.
I've waited over a hundred years.
I guess I can wait another year (or so) til Kris Bryant is ready.
I guess Javier Baez could use a little more seasoning.
C.J. Edwards, go ahead and eat.
Get some meat on your bones.

I'll still be here.
Whoever's reading this will be too.

Comments

Maybe I could get traded to the Pirates...

Love it CubbyBlue!!!!

>C.J. Edwards, go ahead and eat.

*golf clap*

"James McDonald told reporters on Tuesday that he is merely battling shoulder tendinitis."

Good news.

CHC/TEX live on MLB Network 10pm (ET)

TEX is on a split squad and currently playing another game. choo is the only "major" name batter in that game, fwiw. chirinos is also playing in that game in case anyone is still interested in him.

Chris Coghlan, 1B
Donnie Murphy, SS
Ryan Kalish, CF
Mike Olt, DH
Javier Baez, 2B ◄──
Rafael Lopez, C
Darnell McDonald, LF
Brett Jackson, RF
Jeimer Candelario, 3B

hammel pitching.

Olt, 2 Run blast in the top of 3rd vs Texas. Almost forgot who's batting next,...almost.

AND THEN BAEZ HITS ONE BACK TO BACK.

Remember Javy.

I don't think he is going to let us forget him. What an amazing swing that guy has.

Reminds me of June 2011 and Wilken saying he thought the Cubs got the best righty and lefty bats in the draft. The lefty was Vogelbach. (And that's why TW has a job with the team today.)

• 2nd in defensive WAR, NL.

6th in NL in RBI

Go complain about something else, like, "they never play good against the good teams", or some other shit.

• Addy really has trouble breaking through .250 BA -- after his hot streak got him to .251, he has gone 1-for-17.

• Thank goodness for Jansen's 2 WP on Friday -- otherwise this would have been a sweep.

• There seems to be a direct correlation with overconfidence in the Cubs offense against mediocre/young pitchers and really poor offense against mediocre/young pitchers. So, let's fear the Pirate pitchers!

• Rizzo due for a power surge -- one HR in August so far. He truly does hit them in bunches.

• Sometimes I'm not as supportive of Cahill as maybe I should be. There, I said it.

Jackstraw 4 hours 47 min ago view
  • Rough 8th inning all around -- HBP, Cahill error, Javy's poor decision.

Oh well - given that the Cubs didn't look like they were going to score, it's better to lose in 9 innings, save the bullpen and get changed for the PJ trip home.

• Baez still learning

jacos 5 hours 16 min ago view
  • heyward with his 3rd multi-hit game since the all-star break (all in august)...2nd in the past 3 games during his 7 game hitting streak.

he's gone from flirting with a sub-.300 ob% to nearing .310 ob% in 3 games (1 game was just a 1 for 1 pinch hit appearance). all 5 hits in the past 3 games have come in a row...neat.

• stewart with 7Ks through 3ip...of course.

that 10-13 mph difference in his fastball/change is working today...and they're swinging at his crappy slider.

• brock stewart...steven brault...fun times for the cubs hitters vs allegedly competitive teams...maybe.

• Maddon would have started three lefties against the Dodgers, Montgomery, Zastryzny and Lester, except that he doesn't have the juice to do that. No manager does. Maddon has a boss, Epstein (and probably Hoyer, too), who gave him a starting rotation of five guys including Hammel. Maddon was asked yesterday about the starting group for next year and basically said, Not my call, that's why I drive away in my RV in the summer and occasionally check in, etc.

VirginiaPhil 12 hours 45 min ago view
  • video of Maddon.

always nice that he actually tries to honestly answer questions. Does mention that he wanted to give Zastr? a chance in a meaningful spot rather than a mop-up role.

Rob G. 1 day 3 hours ago view
  • from Muskat:

#Cubs Maddon: "I'm not going to make up an excuse for why I did what I did. It has nothing to do with lack of confidence" ... "It was the right thing to do today based on what I saw, what their lineup looked like and Rob Z.'s availability." #Cubs

Rob G. 1 day 4 hours ago view

Hammel not particularly understanding of getting pulled out...as he should. Be curious what Maddon had to say. All I can think of is is keeping arms fresh and maybe wanting to see if Zastr? is worth considering for the playoffs and how he'd do against the Dodgers.

Rob G. 1 day 4 hours ago view
  • great defense

Heyward, Russell, Baez, Bryant, Ross in particular...although Bryant's a bit hard to judge with all the positions.

Fowler and Rizzo in the top half of the NL for their positions as well (per fangraphs)...Zobrist right at the halfway cutoff for 2b in the NL.

I'm sure some luck is involved too, but the Cubs and Maddon knew what they were doing.

Rob G. 1 day 4 hours ago view