To Add-bert Alzolay
The Cubs will be playing a doubleheader this coming Saturday at Cincinnati and Cubs #1 pitching prospect Adbert Alzolay is expected to be added to the Cubs MLB Active List as the "26th Man" and make his MLB debut by getting a start in one of the games.
Here is the "26th Man" rule:
Beginning on MLB Opening Day and extending up through August 31st, a club can temporarily add a 26th player to its MLB Active List on any day where two games are scheduled, as long as the second game was not scheduled as the result of a game that was postponed or suspended the previous day. If the postponed or suspended game was from the previous day, a "26th man" can be temporarily added to a club's MLB Active List for the second game only.
1. The "26th man" must be on the club's MLB Reserve List (40-man roster) or has to be added to the club's 40-man roster that day.
2. The "26th man" does not have to be a pitcher.
3. In the case of two games being scheduled on the same day where the 26-man Active List limit is in effect for both games, the "26th man" cannot be switched between games.
4. A minor league player can be added to a club's Active List as the "26th man" even if he has not spent ten days on Optional Assignment (or Outright Assignment) prior to being added.
5. A "26th man" can remain on the Active List and a different player can be dropped the next day, as long as the "26th man" was not called up from the minors prior to spending at least ten days on Optional or Outright Assignment. However, a player called up as the "26th man" prior to spending at least ten days on Optional or Outright Assignment could remain on the 25-man roster if the player replaces a player who is placed on the Disabled List (or other MLB inactive list) the next day.
6. If a player is recalled as the "26th man" and is optioned or outrighted back to the minors the next day, the "10-day rule" clock (prohibiting a player from being recalled until he has spent at least ten days on Optional or Outright Assignment, unless he is replacing a player who is placed on the DL or other MLB inactive list) does not start over again. However many days toward ten that the player spent on Optional or Outright Assignment prior to being recalled as the "26th man" counts toward the ten days.
7. The "26th man" accrues one day of MLB Service Time.
Eric S 52 min 43 sec ago (view)
Credit to Mills bouncing back strong - fifth straight quality start by the rotation certainly helps things. Yu for the series win tomorrow
crunch 56 min 47 sec ago (view)
schwarber in the bottom 10th! walkoff homer.
Jackstraw 1 hour 8 min ago (view)
Throws strikes like Chatwood. Holds runners like Darvish.
Eric S 1 hour 16 min ago (view)
This smells like a Chatwood game.
Eric S 1 hour 18 min ago (view)
Almora - what a tool non-play there.
crunch 1 hour 32 min ago (view)
phew...kimbrel is fresh off taking a half season away from the game, but im ready for a bit less drama out of his appearances.
crunch 1 hour 35 min ago (view)
lorenzen is low-key one of the most exciting players in the game, seriously. he's fun on the mound, at the plate, and baserunning.
Eric S 1 hour 39 min ago (view)
Well that settles it: Lorenzen is a better base runner than Brach. Brach haint got nuttin’
crunch 1 hour 40 min ago (view)
rizzo's power outage has been a little alarming. it seems to be bad luck more than anything obvious, though.
Eric S 1 hour 48 min ago (view)
Near warning track power Rizzo not nearly as fun as home run derby Rizzo
Eric S 2 hours 9 sec ago (view)
More rare sighting in last few weeks: a Descalso plate appearance or a Rizzo home run? Descalso PA wins by an eyelash
Descalso actually had one his better at bats (even though he should have been rung up on a missed strike three) — a line drive one hopper to the shortstop
crunch 2 hours 23 min ago (view)
they're celebrating the 69 cubs at the park tonight.
they had a bunch of vets (led by billy williams) do the 7th along with a video edited together of ernie banks + ron santo singing the 7th so they could all sing along. great touch.
crunch 2 hours 47 min ago (view)
montgomery is going to be used as a SP for KC. good for him.
also, a.mills has calmed down into a hell of a nice welcome back start. he's back on my xmas card list.
crunch 4 hours 3 min ago (view)
31 pitches, 3 HBP by mills...and only 3 runs given up in 1.2ip so far!
crunch 4 hours 20 min ago (view)
okay, im done with alec mills.
crunch 4 hours 27 min ago (view)
almora picks up a career highlight reel catch in CF.
even heyward was pumped.