To Add-bert Alzolay
The Cubs will be playing a doubleheader this coming Saturday at Cincinnati and Cubs #1 pitching prospect Adbert Alzolay is expected to be added to the Cubs MLB Active List as the "26th Man" and make his MLB debut by getting a start in one of the games.
Here is the "26th Man" rule:
Beginning on MLB Opening Day and extending up through August 31st, a club can temporarily add a 26th player to its MLB Active List on any day where two games are scheduled, as long as the second game was not scheduled as the result of a game that was postponed or suspended the previous day. If the postponed or suspended game was from the previous day, a "26th man" can be temporarily added to a club's MLB Active List for the second game only.
1. The "26th man" must be on the club's MLB Reserve List (40-man roster) or has to be added to the club's 40-man roster that day.
2. The "26th man" does not have to be a pitcher.
3. In the case of two games being scheduled on the same day where the 26-man Active List limit is in effect for both games, the "26th man" cannot be switched between games.
4. A minor league player can be added to a club's Active List as the "26th man" even if he has not spent ten days on Optional Assignment (or Outright Assignment) prior to being added.
5. A "26th man" can remain on the Active List and a different player can be dropped the next day, as long as the "26th man" was not called up from the minors prior to spending at least ten days on Optional or Outright Assignment. However, a player called up as the "26th man" prior to spending at least ten days on Optional or Outright Assignment could remain on the 25-man roster if the player replaces a player who is placed on the Disabled List (or other MLB inactive list) the next day.
6. If a player is recalled as the "26th man" and is optioned or outrighted back to the minors the next day, the "10-day rule" clock (prohibiting a player from being recalled until he has spent at least ten days on Optional or Outright Assignment, unless he is replacing a player who is placed on the DL or other MLB inactive list) does not start over again. However many days toward ten that the player spent on Optional or Outright Assignment prior to being recalled as the "26th man" counts toward the ten days.
7. The "26th man" accrues one day of MLB Service Time.
crunch 3 hours 5 min ago (view)
A's have decided to not be horrible and to pay their minor leaguers through the end of the season (august)
"“I changed my mind after spending a lot of time talking to our team,” A's owner John Fisher told the Chronicle. “I concluded I’d made a mistake. I’ve listened to our fans and others, and there is no question that this is the right thing to do. We clearly got this decision wrong. These players represent our future and we will immediately begin paying our minor-league players. I take responsibility and I’m making it right.""
crunch 1 day 6 hours ago (view)
Alexander Dimm 1 day 7 hours ago (view)
I'm in. What more do we need, really. A beer. A game or two. The 162 game season can wait until next year (I hope). Have fun with a micro-mini season. Let the powers fight over the labor agreements. They can finish by next spring, right?
crunch 1 day 7 hours ago (view)
2020 quickly shaping up to be the best season ever.
Cubster 1 day 8 hours ago (view)
And a few kegs of beer. Hamberders too.
crunch 1 day 11 hours ago (view)
they should just play a quick weekend tourney where no one actually wins and everyone gets a small participation trophy.
declare the fans the MVPs and dedicate the series to everyone who has died in the history of humanity.
...then a free live-streamed Nickleback concert hosted by 2Pac's hologram
Charlie 2 days 16 hours ago (view)
Lol at worrying about a second wave disrupting revenue.
Cubster 2 days 19 hours ago (view)
IN BRIEF (Tribune, from their mini-sports section): In a letter, MLB rejects players’ plan for 114 gamesNews services Major League Baseball rejected the players’ proposal for a 114-game schedule in the pandemic-delayed season with no additional salary cuts, telling the union that teams have no reason to think 82 games is possible and now will discuss even fewer.Players made their proposal Sunday, five days after management’s initial economic plan.
Cubster 2 days 19 hours ago (view)
Pete Ricketts causing some backspin on their serve...Chi Tribune, Thursday AM:
Arizona Phil 3 days 4 hours ago (view)
Here are the last two Cubs minor league releases from this week (for a final total of 30):
Conor Lillis-White, LHP (acquired frrom LAA for Tommy LaStella post-2018 - missed 2019 season with hip flexor injury)
Alberto Mineo, C-1B (has been quarantined in Italy since he re-signed with Cubs in February)
Lillis-White was eligible for selection in the 2020 Rule 5 Draft, and Mineo was eligible to be a minor league 6YFA post-2020
Charlie 3 days 5 hours ago (view)
Great read from players I came of age watching. Really shows how badly MLB needs to empower their players to speak in real time and not just after retiring.
crunch 3 days 6 hours ago (view)
"A conversation: Retired African American MLB players on race, baseball, America"
d.glanville, j.rollins, r.howard, d.willis, t.hunter, l.hawkins
Jackstraw 3 days 8 hours ago (view)
I'm trying to come up with scenarios where saying "The problem I have with you people....." really helps the conversation move forward constructively. None really jump to mind.
crunch 3 days 8 hours ago (view)
i still want proof that tom ricketts and ted cruz aren't the same person
Cubster 3 days 10 hours ago (view)
Tom's older brother is an ass, even with an embarrassing apology.
Here is the twitter video from Pastor Jarrod Parker:
Cubster 3 days 18 hours ago (view)
I agree. Laura is the real deal. I think she was the major influence that showed Tom R. and Crane Kenney how to show a "human side" and deal realistically and in a non-threatening way, with the local Chicago politicians. Kenney was clearly clueless in his initial attempts regarding the neighborhood, the Rooftop owners, and the Wrigley Field rebuild.