Cubs Provide No High Life for Brew Crew at Riverview

Gustavo Polanco and Orian Nunez laced RBI doubles and SP Eury Ramos hurled three innings of one-run ball and combined with three relievers on a five-hitter with ten strikeouts, as the Cubs edged the Brewers 2-1 in Cactus League Extended Spring Training game action Friday morning on Field #1 at the Riverview Baseball Complex in Mesa, AZ.

Here is the abridged box score from the game (Cubs players only):

CUBS LINEUP:
1. Lane Adams, CF: 0-3 (F-8, K, 5-U FC, BB)
2. Luis Diaz, 2B: 1-4 (L-4, K, 2B, 4-6-3 DP, PO)
3. Abraham Rodriguez, LF: 2-4 (F-9, 1B, 1B, F-7)
4. Christopher Morel, 3B: 0-3 (BB, F-8, K, P-4, R)
5a. Gustavo Polanco, C: 2-3 (2B, K, 1B, RBI)
5b. Richard Nunez, C: 0-1 (K)
6. Henderson Perez, DH #1: 0-3 (L-4, 6-3, F-8)
7. Kwangmin Kwon, RF: 0-2 (K, HBP, F-8, R)
8. Rafael Mejia, 1B: 0-3 (P-3, K, P-2)
9. Orian Nunez, DH #2: 1-3 (K, 2B, F-8, RBI)
10. Josue Huma, SS: 0-2 (L-1, BB, L-8)

CUBS PITCHERS
1. Eury Ramos: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R (1 ER), 2 BB, 2 K, 1 HBP, 2/3 GO/AO, 41 pitches (25 strikes)
2. Jose M. Gonzalez: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 3/2 GO/AO, 25 pitches (16 strikes)
3. Fernando Calderon: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 1/1 GO/AO, 30 pitches (19 strikes)
4. Jake Steffens: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 2/1 GO/AO, 22 pitches (18 strikes)

CUBS ERRORS: NONE

CUBS CATCHERS DEFENSE
Gustavo Polanco: 1-1 CS

CUBS OUTFIELD ASSIST
CF Lane Adams - batter thrown out 8-2-6 attempting to advance to 2nd base after RBI single

ATTENDANCE: 10

WEATHER: Sunny with temperatures in the 90's

Arizona
Scoring
Service

"Just because it isn't official doesn't mean it didn't happen"

Comments

The Latino connection is impressive.

• Cubster 2 min 55 sec ago (view)

btw, gotta love the banner photo showing white cleats with Wrigley mud stuck to them. Great choice (and very 3D).

• Hagsag 3 hours 46 min ago (view)

Cant picture not having AZ Phil as a infomation source.

• Mike Wellman 15 hours 37 min ago (view)

On top of what everyone else sez, TCR is my passport to the I-Cubs every year. Plz keep up the good work!

• First.Pitch.120 20 hours 52 min ago (view)

I echo what everyone else has said. I am in no way an expert (or even novice) at the nuts & bolts of website construction; however, I have dabbled in some website maintenance for various entities. If there is a need for another set of hands, I would be willing to see if I could help ( or at least pull a Jonathan Herrera & cheer from the bench with an awesome helmet).

• Wrigley Rat 1 day 12 hours ago (view)

This site is great! It's pretty much the only Cubs site I visit daily, other than a Google search for Cubs news. 90% of the information I get on Cubs prospects is from here. Commenters are usually very respectful and it seems that most are well-informed or want to be. I'm hoping the site can continue. Thanks to everyone who contributes to its content! :)

• George Altman 1 day 14 hours ago (view)

I'd like to add, without meaning to take a superior attitude, that ALL the content and commentators on TCR are a step above every other Cubs Blog I've seen. I'm better informed, better briefed about not only what's happening but what's likely to happen.

You all have made me a better Cubs fan. Whatever happens,  thank you.

• Charlie 1 day 19 hours ago (view)

I will be happy to continue to do gameday posts for another season and would like to keep the site active. Thanks for your labor!

Sorry for all the delayed and abbreviated posts at season's end, by the way.

• fullykräusened 1 day 20 hours ago (view)

Like the other posters, I don't post often, but have enjoyed Arizona Phil and crunch (who was right about Jason Heyward :) ). I am grateful for all the work that has gone into maintaining the site, and whatever you want to do to make it work is okay with me!

• Cubster 2 days 37 min ago (view)

Chiming in that TCR is still a major part of my daily Cub routine and has always been my browser homepage. The site contains much love for AZ Phil and his subtle sense of humor as the war correspondent for the Arizona Scoring Service.

"Just because it isn't official doesn't mean it didn't happen"

• Hagsag 2 days 3 hours ago (view)

Thank you forTCR, and it is the first site I check daily. Please keep it going.

• Karl Pagel Blues 2 days 5 hours ago (view)

Thank you for this site. It's the first one I turn to every single day. There may be other sites with more daily content, but there's only one TCR. Again, a big thank you to everyone actively contributing here!

• crunch 2 days 10 hours ago (view)

no matter the future, i've learned a whole lot being here and i'm still learning.  phil's post earlier with the end-season instructs stats is a great example of this.  lots of love for the team, the farm system, and the game here.

also, it looks like dusty's crew is 3 outs away from going to the WS with 5 runs to cushion.

• George Altman 2 days 12 hours ago (view)

Please keep it going if at all possible. No other Cubs website compares. I've spent 15 years with AZ Phil, Crunch, Cubster. Don't want to see that end.

• Alexander Dimm 2 days 14 hours ago (view)

Like the others, I don't post often, and it's not the only Cubs baseball site I read.  However, it is the first site I read each day and if I only read one, this is it.  I hope you can hang in there.

Cubs baseball will be a little less fun without TCR.

• Childersb3 2 days 14 hours ago (view)

I've been reading, commenting and asking questions here for over a decade now. Cubdom wouldn't be whole without TCR.

Hope it stays in any form possible.

Whatever is most manageable, cheapest, time efficient manner you.

• bradsbeard 2 days 15 hours ago (view)

Absolutely want to see if stay if possible.