Cubs Wild Card Roster

* Quintin Berry
* Chris Coghlan
Chris Denorfia
# Dexter Fowler
Austin Jackson
Jorge Soler

Comments

Not surprised about Lester but bit surprised about Hendricks. Guessing that if something happens to Arietta right away they go to Lester but if they've burned relievers and are in extra innings they go to Hendricks.

You got a problem with David Ross?

Hah which reminds me this is a good article about Ross: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13824211/th...

Let's do this

Go cubs go!

I have never been this excited and nervous for a playoff game. I think it's the first time since 2003 I thought we had a real shot at everything and then I assumed they were going to win and was maybe over confident. Now I know they have the talent to but also know they have their share of weaknesses. And I like this team and these players so much more. Go Cubs is all I can say. Arghhhh.

So excited you posted twice!

TBS pregame predictions: Dusty-Pirates, but says he'd predict Cubs if game was in Wrigley. Pedro- Cubs. Sheffield-Cubs. pass the sour grapes to Dusty

Sitting in a bar surrounded by strangers, partially in the bag already. LET'S DO THIS!

I'm on record stating that I thought the Bucs were stronger. Deeper. Fuck that.

The Parachat is running...come and pet the sealion.

We gonna parachat this or what, gents?

Chat is running... crunch has just outed himself as a Pirates fan and double agent.

MAN! I love being right! Schwarbs comes through!!!

parachat not working for me ... Schwarbs!!!

Try Firefox. Chrome gives me trouble.

I'll try that - thanks!

Wow. Kickass!

4-0 Hell yea! Keep it going! This Pirates team is pesky. Keep them tamed!

Nice bounce back by Russell on the DP

No one was more thankful for that ground ball than Addison Russell. It was his chance at redemption.

Ron Darling is worse than Buck.

COOL BEANS! bring on stl.

Awesome! What a relief to still have October ball left to play!!!

Now we need to prepare for the Dodgers by playing a few practice games against the Cards.

The real reason to keep KB at 3rd -- his defense! Wow!

Yup. What progress he has made from his first month in the majors. How cool to play the Cards.

Hi Phil, will Matt Sczur be on the roster vs. The Cards? Thanks!

BOB: I doubt very much that Matt Szczur will be on the Cubs LDS roster. If he wasn't on the Wild Card roster (when the Cubs went with 15 position players), he won't be on the LDS roster (when the Cubs will go with 13 or 14 position players). As it is, at least one of the three RH hitting outfielders who were on the Cubs WC roster (Denorfia, Jackson, and Soler) could get bumped off the LDS roster (probably Soler).

With last night's win in Pittsburgh, the Cubs have tied the Pirates with 98 wins, and are only 2-1/2 games behind the Cardinals. No reason why the Cubs can't finish the post-season with the best winning percentage in baseball (regular season & post-season combined).

• Charlie 4 hours 13 min ago (view)

Honestly, Urias guessed wrong on that one. But he stilled managed to make contact despite being way out in front, so that breaker must have rolled.

• Charlie 4 hours 15 min ago (view)

KB having a perfectly adequate KB stretch and it's a highlight. Sigh.

Chafin may be reconsidering that jalopie after being the man on the mound when the wheels fell off in this one.

• crunch 5 hours 14 min ago (view)

i know we're only 10 games in and you can't get good numbers on that, but this is a full-team hitting slump aside from marisnick and his 12 PA.

no one on this team is this bad, but all of them doing it at once is crazy.  bad ABs, tons of swings and misses, crap contact...

upon reflection (and another hit in the 9th) i need to give props to k.bryant...he's a 1-man show right now for the regulars.

• Eric S 6 hours 1 min ago (view)

I can pause it for pinch hitting - otherwise I'm locked in as there's nothing else to see here

• Dolorous Jon Lester 6 hours 6 min ago (view)

Me too, Eric Sogard

• Eric S 6 hours 12 min ago (view)

Well, Chafin ... not your night I guess ... looks like its time to catch up on the latest installment of Falcon and the Winter Soldier

• Dolorous Jon Lester 6 hours 15 min ago (view)

It's kinda starting to feel like this team sucks? But yes this game definitely sucks.

• crunch 6 hours 18 min ago (view)

justin steele warming...seems like his debut is on tap.

also, this game sucks.

• Eric S 6 hours 20 min ago (view)

Luis Urias is not impressed 😩

• crunch 8 hours 57 min ago (view)

steele, wieck, and strop called up.

btw, strop is a "replacement player" in this move and isn't subject to 40-man roster waiver rules

• crunch 9 hours 24 min ago (view)

cubs covid...chris young tested positive.  j.adam, d.winkler, and b.workman are now on the "injured list"

• Charlie 9 hours 49 min ago (view)

Sorry that I couldn't access things for opening day and then got busy for the next couple series. Glad to have a baseball routine to share with you all again!

• Sonicwind75 10 hours 20 min ago (view)

Guessing I'm a little late to the game on this; but just read Chafin's twitter about wanting to buy a cheap car to drive around Chicago. He seems like a good dude.

• Arizona Phil 1 day 2 hours ago (view)

RHSP Duncan Robinson (June 2019 TJS) has retired.

• Arizona Phil 1 day 3 hours ago (view)

Rex Brothers and Tony Wolters reached five years of MLB Service Time this weekend, so Brothers now cannot be sent outright to the minors without his consent (he is out of minor league options) and Wolters (who has a minor league option left) now cannot be optioned or outrighted to the minors without his consent.

• Arizona Phil 1 day 4 hours ago (view)

It's not good to play bad teams early because they have the confidence and energy they won't have later in the season after they realize they suck and all is lost.