Invitation Update

Don't believe what you're hearing on Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, or reading in the NY Post or Daily Mirror or Weekly World News. To set things straight, once and for all.
* No, the Parachat party hasn't been cancelled due to fire-code violations * No, we aren't letting Mariotti be the DJ * No, it's not true that Neifi Perez is threatening to sue us for libel or slander if we go through with the Parachat party * No, the VIP section of the Parachat Club is not a ghost subsidiary of the Tribune * No, the gift-bags you will receive upon entry are not taxable income, the IRS can not go after you for whatever baubles you might receive at the party. * Yes, we've done thorough background check on ALL of the Hell's Angels that we hired for private security. * To the best of our knowledge, no, participating in this event does not make you an "enemy combatant." * Yes, Augie Ojeda will be serving drinks. * Yes, we turned away Paris Hilton, and yes, we got a restraining order on Joan and Melissa Rivers to keep them 1000 feet away.
I hope this clears up any confusion. See you in Parachat on Sunday.

Comments

I'm bringing the tacos.

I'll bring the jacos. "Who's fighting and what for?!?!?! C'mon people!!!"

"Give my friend Sammy one of those special jacos."

Brick- I think that's what was Sammy's excuse to leave the last game early in 2004. Bad jacos.

This is one party that I would definitely volunteer to bring the beer!! Blue Moon anyone?

"[email protected] that sh!t!!! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!"

What are we going to talk about, Da Bearss!

thanks for the tease, Jacos. for those too lazy to follow the link - he is resigned to the fact that he likely is not coming back.

Oops! I couldn't resist considering this thread has been fun. Did anyone foul themselves? Can I still come to the party?

my fault, I'm being the killjoy in the fun-thread that *I* started. I think if anyone gets uninvted from the party, it should be me. ~sigh~ Carry on without me. Be sure to give Kristin Bell a peck on the cheek for me, in my absence.

Is Tara Reid gonna be there? Cause I ain't going unless Tara Reid is there.

i for one would pay $ 5.00 american to see the hell's angels "escort" andy mac fool and jim hendry off the premises. not that they would actually drop in on parachat; but every 100 years or so, miracles do happen ! perhaps the best scenario is that the cubs game gets rained out, and we can pass around imaginary bottles of virtual liquor and virtually sing imaginary beerhall songs. with no concern at all for the neighbors or the clock !!

I'll bring Anna Benson.

One last Neifi dig- what's the Tigers' record with /without Neifi?

#14 of 15: By DC Tom (September 29, 2006 06:38 PM) I'll bring Anna Benson. be sure to bring some penicillin as well.

#15: One last Neifi dig- what's the Tigers' record with /without Neifi? The Neifi Effect: 79-43 on August 19 Neifi traded to Tigers August 20 95-64 as of September 29 16-21 since August 20 (37 games) Whaddya mean one last Neifi dig? What's parachat for anyway?!?

• Hagsag 3 hours 28 sec ago (view)

Predictions on the Rule 5 draft this morning?

• Hagsag 3 hours 18 min ago (view)

Very, very interesting Phil. Thanks for the post.

• Arizona Phil 7 hours 29 min ago (view)

What was the stated purpose of the 1953 Bonus Rule?

COMMISSIONER FORD FRICK: "We want the kind of bonus rule that will discourage the Majors from paying out big bonuses, and encourage the little fellows (he is referring here to the minor leagues) to sign these youngsters and then sell them to clubs of a higher classification."

• crunch 9 hours 59 min ago (view)

g.cole - yanks - 9/324m

s.strasburg - nats - 7/245m

a.rendon - angels - 7/245m

boras has signed $814m of contracts for his guys this week.  not bad.

• crunch 10 hours 6 min ago (view)

still waiting for rich hill to happen over here...i promise to be totally not impressed or happy about it.  not a tj guy, but he's injured as hell and not expected to show up until mid-season at best.

whoever they pick to give a few million dollars over a couple seasons to not pitch for the cubs in any of them, i welcome them.

on a serious tip, there are rumors of a minor league deal for b.morrow.

• bradsbeard 10 hours 40 min ago (view)

Taijuan Walker is a good candidate.

• cubbies.4ever 12 hours 5 min ago (view)

So who is left in the free Agent market that has had Tommy John surgery?  That seems to be a Prerequisite for Theo.  Cotton and Winkler both did adding to all the other signings of Theo.  I would love to see how many people Theo has signed or drafted who has had TJS.

• Charlie 20 hours 47 min ago (view)

I hope "isn't happening" was more like, "we'd love to continue to discuss this soon"--after extensions/trades of younger players are a bit more sorted.

• Charlie 20 hours 50 min ago (view)

If only they had revenue from having recently won the World Series and a string of playoff appearances along with a new TV contract! Then they could really spend.

• crunch 21 hours 7 min ago (view)

i wish this team was owned by billionaires rather than these...oh, nevermind.

• Dolorous Jon Lester 21 hours 45 min ago (view)

Apparently Cubs were approached by Rizzo's agent about an extension. They told him it wasn't happening.

Cubs organization is performing a master class in how to burn good will among fans!

• Arizona Phil 1 day 11 hours ago (view)

jdlym: The contract Brad Brach signed with the Mets includes a $850K base salary for 2020, a $1.25M club option for 2021, $400K in potential performance bonuses in 2020, potentially $2.25M in 2021 salary accelerators, and $500K in potential performance bonuses in 2021, so ordinarily the Cubs salary obligation to Brach would be the difference between Brach's new 2020 base salary ($850K) and what would have been his 2020 player option salary ($1.35M) if he hadn't been released by the Cubs.

• crunch 1 day 14 hours ago (view)

d.ross meets the media at winter meetings...video/audio

• jdrnym 1 day 18 hours ago (view)

Hey AZPhil, when a player is released with money/years still remaining on his contract, does his next team *have* to give him the prorated major league minimum or can they offer more (meaning the original club owes less) to "outbid" other teams that may have had interest? I'm assuming that's what happened with Brad Brach, where the Mets signed him for 2020 at $850,000.

• crunch 1 day 19 hours ago (view)

jeremy jeffress agrees.

• Rob Richardson 1 day 23 hours ago (view)

It's high time if you ask me.