Invitation Update

Don't believe what you're hearing on Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, or reading in the NY Post or Daily Mirror or Weekly World News. To set things straight, once and for all.
* No, the Parachat party hasn't been cancelled due to fire-code violations * No, we aren't letting Mariotti be the DJ * No, it's not true that Neifi Perez is threatening to sue us for libel or slander if we go through with the Parachat party * No, the VIP section of the Parachat Club is not a ghost subsidiary of the Tribune * No, the gift-bags you will receive upon entry are not taxable income, the IRS can not go after you for whatever baubles you might receive at the party. * Yes, we've done thorough background check on ALL of the Hell's Angels that we hired for private security. * To the best of our knowledge, no, participating in this event does not make you an "enemy combatant." * Yes, Augie Ojeda will be serving drinks. * Yes, we turned away Paris Hilton, and yes, we got a restraining order on Joan and Melissa Rivers to keep them 1000 feet away.
I hope this clears up any confusion. See you in Parachat on Sunday.

Comments

I'm bringing the tacos.

I'll bring the jacos. "Who's fighting and what for?!?!?! C'mon people!!!"

"Give my friend Sammy one of those special jacos."

Brick- I think that's what was Sammy's excuse to leave the last game early in 2004. Bad jacos.

This is one party that I would definitely volunteer to bring the beer!! Blue Moon anyone?

"[email protected] that sh!t!!! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!"

What are we going to talk about, Da Bearss!

thanks for the tease, Jacos. for those too lazy to follow the link - he is resigned to the fact that he likely is not coming back.

Oops! I couldn't resist considering this thread has been fun. Did anyone foul themselves? Can I still come to the party?

my fault, I'm being the killjoy in the fun-thread that *I* started. I think if anyone gets uninvted from the party, it should be me. ~sigh~ Carry on without me. Be sure to give Kristin Bell a peck on the cheek for me, in my absence.

Is Tara Reid gonna be there? Cause I ain't going unless Tara Reid is there.

i for one would pay $ 5.00 american to see the hell's angels "escort" andy mac fool and jim hendry off the premises. not that they would actually drop in on parachat; but every 100 years or so, miracles do happen ! perhaps the best scenario is that the cubs game gets rained out, and we can pass around imaginary bottles of virtual liquor and virtually sing imaginary beerhall songs. with no concern at all for the neighbors or the clock !!

I'll bring Anna Benson.

One last Neifi dig- what's the Tigers' record with /without Neifi?

#14 of 15: By DC Tom (September 29, 2006 06:38 PM) I'll bring Anna Benson. be sure to bring some penicillin as well.

#15: One last Neifi dig- what's the Tigers' record with /without Neifi? The Neifi Effect: 79-43 on August 19 Neifi traded to Tigers August 20 95-64 as of September 29 16-21 since August 20 (37 games) Whaddya mean one last Neifi dig? What's parachat for anyway?!?

• Arizona Phil 4 hours 51 min ago (view)

The Cubs have released RHRP (and their erstwhile closer) Brandon Morrow. There is no indication that they plan to re-sign him to another (different) 2020 minor league contract without the Article XX-B $100K retention bonus provision (as happened with Jason Kipnis last week).

• crunch 8 hours 17 min ago (view)

rizzo takes another day off (lower back).  ross says the club is "exercising caution."

klye ryan is expected to join the team tomorrow after some mysterious holdup.

• Ryno 8 hours 55 min ago (view)

Has anyone seen Darvish's pitch "The Supreme"?  Isn't it just a sinker?

• Ryno 9 hours 3 min ago (view)

In other words:  This lineup sucks.

• Arizona Phil 9 hours 20 min ago (view)

Jason Kipnis was released on June 29th and then he was re-signed to a new (different) 2020 minor league contract that does not require a $100K retention bonus if he is not added to the Cubs MLB Reserve List by 2020 MLB Opening Day (7/23).

Brandon Morrow remains on his original 2020 minor league contract which pays him a $100K retention bonus if he is not released by 7/18 or added to the Cubs MLB Reserve List by 7/23.

• Eric S 9 hours 24 min ago (view)

There is that re Kimbrel - at worst, just another year on the books.

July 1st is Bobby Bonilla Day - the day that check is cut and paid annually.

• Cubster 9 hours 30 min ago (view)

On the bright side regarding Kimbrel. It doesn't have the lasting bad side as the Mets arrangement with Bobby Bonilla. Unless they want to re-negotiate Kimbrel's terms.

• Eric S 10 hours 57 min ago (view)

Yep

Watching the last night's highlight clip was not encouraging either as discussed here:  https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2020/07/08/craig-kimbrels-intrasquad-performance-is-a-reminder-of-the-concerns-that-already-existed/

• crunch 15 hours 33 min ago (view)

i still can't believe this front office paid anyone 16m a year to throw 60-70ip...

• Eric S 1 day 58 min ago (view)

Unfortunately, Kimbrel in Cub mid season form as well, giving up a two out, two run oppo homer to Willson.

Kimbrel Cub stats which I tried to bury but were dug up again: gave up a career high 9 home runs in only 20 2/3 inning, averaged a career high 9.1 hits allowed per 9 innings and served up a 6.53 ERA for his troubles. And no full spring training build up period again.  Still hopeful he's got something left in the tank this year and next but man, he's got my full attention going into the season

• BobbyD 1 day 1 hour ago (view)

Hmm. Never thought about it that way. Maybe it is a very stable genius?

• crunch 1 day 4 hours ago (view)

maybe he's hoping it'll be bad enough to flip the population odometer over to 0 after humanity is wiped from the planet.  let's give him more time to see if he's right before we get too down on him.

• crunch 1 day 4 hours ago (view)

"Shohei Ohtani threw just 15 of his 50 pitches for strikes in an intrasquad game Tuesday.  Trent Rush had him at eight walks, a hit by pitch and six wild pitches before he was shut down for a day. "

ow.

• crunch 1 day 4 hours ago (view)

anthony rizzo is in mid-season form.

he sat out today with lower back tightness.

• BobbyD 1 day 5 hours ago (view)

Well, back in February (I think; that was about 17 years ago now), our diaper staining commander in his own mind declared we had 15 cases in the U.S. and that would quickly go to zero. 130k dead and rapidly rising now 4 months later I still have brain dead neighbors in SoCal saying if Biden gets elected we're screwed. I wonder what they think screwed looks like.

• crunch 1 day 12 hours ago (view)

cubs taking full advantage of that "night games deal" with the wrigleyville neighborhood...almost all the home games will be night games.

8 home day games, 6 on the weekend.