Gameday Open Thread/Giants @ Cubs

The same two clubs meet again with Jonathan Sanchez and a split-squad Giants team taking on Carlos Zambrano.

Comments

for no reason....weird bug. Unfortunately don't have time ti fix it now.

Soriano LF Theriot SS Fuku RF Lee 1B Fontenot 2B Pie CF Cintron 3B Blanco C Zambrano P Top four could be what we see on Opening Day?

Fontenot hits a homer... hit him fifth the next day! I love Spring Training.

If you want to follow the action, here is the MLB Gameday link: http://www.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/

Good to see the big guy is already in mid-season form. Roberts 4-3 Velez reaches on E1 Velez SB Velez to 3rd on WP 1B FO2 1 run, 1 hit, 1 error, 0 left. Hey, at least it's unearned.

2 hits.. pardon... 1 left

it seems a bit slow..

Velez was hear in Connecticut last year and he can FLY!!! He was rated the fastest guy in the Eastern League last year.

Is there no audio today? That makes me a sad panda.

now pitching, rich hill

3-1 Cubs Aram may Dh tomorrow according to WSCR>

I fully expected to see a "Boy, the Cubs really dirtied Sanchez in the first inning" comment. And now there is one.

Fuku, 2 walks, 2 runs scored now 4-2

Great stuff Cubster...

Fuku=OB Machine.

so no one is chatting? what am i going to do without my crunch pitch-by-pitch account...

Campaigning to start a "web opening congratulatory beer fund" for RobG and the crew, but no PayPal button.

It used to be called Rob's "Hookers and Liquor fund".

still a little hard to get used to this format...and almost impossible to see who's chatting. all my eyes see are topics and the word "reply" scanning everything. my brain is still used to quickly scanning down a line of comments and I'm getting lost on who's actually posting things. damn retraining my brain to read stuff quickly.

Les Walrond, come on down...your ERA is now 54.00 Giants 8-5 in the 8th

Bonds grand jury testimony unsealed. According to ESPN he failed "several drug tests" for and tested positive for steroids since 2000. Bye- Bye Bud.

I can't figure out why the name Martinez-Esteve bothers me so much, but I'll be sure to let you all know when I do. Popup window is much better than these comments.

Well, it's 8-5 Giants now. We were winning, but then it was time for the Les Walrond Experience. 4 runa in 2/3 of an inning. Eyre gave up an un-earned run. Mr. Zero also gave up a run in his inning of work.

Wish I had this commenting thing figured out over here. Then I probably wouldn't 3/44. Although, I did that at the old site, too. Probably just my own ignorance.

Zeus with a scoreless 9th

15 walks in 2 games whats up with that also k-fuk definately looks like a on base machine

k-fuk, 1 AB, 2 Runs, 0 Hits Love it.

"15 walks in 2 games whats up with that" It's called Giants Syndrome.

Test.

• Eric S 5 hours 27 min ago (view)

Unfortunately, Kimbrel in Cub mid season form as well, giving up a two out, two run oppo homer to Willson.

Kimbrel Cub stats which I tried to bury but were dug up again: gave up a career high 9 home runs in only 20 2/3 inning, averaged a career high 9.1 hits allowed per 9 innings and served up a 6.53 ERA for his troubles. And no full spring training build up period again.  Still hopeful he's got something left in the tank this year and next but man, he's got my full attention going into the season

• BobbyD 5 hours 53 min ago (view)

Hmm. Never thought about it that way. Maybe it is a very stable genius?

• crunch 8 hours 33 min ago (view)

maybe he's hoping it'll be bad enough to flip the population odometer over to 0 after humanity is wiped from the planet.  let's give him more time to see if he's right before we get too down on him.

• crunch 8 hours 35 min ago (view)

"Shohei Ohtani threw just 15 of his 50 pitches for strikes in an intrasquad game Tuesday.  Trent Rush had him at eight walks, a hit by pitch and six wild pitches before he was shut down for a day. "

ow.

• crunch 8 hours 36 min ago (view)

anthony rizzo is in mid-season form.

he sat out today with lower back tightness.

• BobbyD 10 hours 29 sec ago (view)

Well, back in February (I think; that was about 17 years ago now), our diaper staining commander in his own mind declared we had 15 cases in the U.S. and that would quickly go to zero. 130k dead and rapidly rising now 4 months later I still have brain dead neighbors in SoCal saying if Biden gets elected we're screwed. I wonder what they think screwed looks like.

• crunch 16 hours 54 min ago (view)

cubs taking full advantage of that "night games deal" with the wrigleyville neighborhood...almost all the home games will be night games.

8 home day games, 6 on the weekend.

• crunch 1 day 7 hours ago (view)

deleted that link.  it was a republished-to-feed article, not a new one, so it's not very useful.

• cubbies.4ever 1 day 8 hours ago (view)

Is Cubs 3rd draft pick Jordan Nwogu not going to sign?  Most teams are done signing.  Since the Cubs have the other 4 signed there's not a question of negotiations.  I thought Little (using his viral video of 105 mph as leverage) or Moreno being a promising HS SP would be the tough ones.

• Jackstraw 1 day 8 hours ago (view)

Apparently being run by the same guy who put Quintana in charge of washing dishes.

• Cubster 1 day 9 hours ago (view)

Joey Gallo tests Positive.

• Cubster 1 day 9 hours ago (view)

MLBPA sent a memo to player agents Monday saying that it and the league are “actively pursuing an additional medical lab site to increase the speed and efficiency of test processing and reporting,” Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic tweets.

• Cubster 1 day 9 hours ago (view)

4-29-20: White House senior adviser Jared Kushner told "FOX & Friends" Wednesday morning that he expects to see life go "back to normal" in the U.S. by June and "the hope is that by July the country’s really rocking again."

Well, that prediction has held up especially well in FL, TX, AZ and CA

• George Altman 1 day 10 hours ago (view)

I'm beginning to think maybe this guy doesn't have a good grasp on being President.

• crunch 1 day 11 hours ago (view)

"Angels summer camp workouts are optional on Monday due to COVID-19 testing delays.

The testers simply failed to show up to Angels camp on Sunday, and there were also apparently some shipping issues with samples during the July 4 holiday weekend. The Astros, Nationals, and Cardinals have outright canceled their Monday workouts because of delays within MLB's testing protocol."

neat.  this is going just great.

but hey, i'm sure a month from now we'll be done with all this crazy virus stuff going on...as players consider multi-game road trips through FL/TX/AZ/CA.

• Arizona Phil 1 day 13 hours ago (view)

With players dropping like flies and others opting-out, methinks the MLB season could resemble the last three innings of a Cactus League Spring Training game.