The Los Angeles A-N-.....um, Better Just Look at the Shirt

Reader Chad emailed me this picture that someone snapped on their cellphone. It appears that Nike's outsourcing to foreign countries may have gotten something lost in translation. I feel bad for the kid who ends up wearing it on the playground.

It's slightly Not Suited For Work, so take a look after the jump.

(The first one to make an AngelFan wife joke, will get their virtual asses kicked.)

The Anals

Comments

I wonder if Nike had to get these shirts into the country through the back door. Very appropriate that Chad notice this too.

we have a winner.

puts new meaning into swoosh...

The top of the A with the Halo around it suddenly looks disturbingly suggestive.

You make it rather difficult Babe to get mad at you for this when you get all cute and protective like that. This just better not show up under the tree at Christmas! Have to admit...pretty damn funny.

Good to 'hear' from you again, Rob's AFW. Rob does a wonderful job providing information and a place for all of us Cubs fans to congregate and interact. Thanks for accommodating his Cubs obsession. He really can't help it, you know. Good luck with the raising of your young ones. Your participation is welcome anytime, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks Joe! Rob loves doing this and believe me, I learned very early in our courtship that the cubs were not just a "hobby" for him and that his love/obsession for them was pretty much part of the package. I knew what I was getting in to! :)Always here to support...I'm an Angel fan first, but I hold a soft spot for the Cubs because of a great guy named Rob.

aw...you know you and the girls always come first...like 90-95% of the time.

ha.

It would be better if Pujols was on their team.

I guess it's safe to say that the guy who did this went lower than he normally does.

• Cubster 23 min 10 sec ago (view)

"in normal times..."

It was the burst of times, it was the worst of times.

• Cubster 32 min 54 sec ago (view)

"Setting aside how stupid it is for fans to blame players when owners are all so much more..."

I blame Pete Ricketts

• crunch 11 hours 5 min ago (view)

i can't believe this kind of stuff is what we're talking about 2 months into the 2020 season...i can't believe a lot of stuff about 2020 outside of the game, too.

• crunch 15 hours 24 min ago (view)

contract rights are retained by the team.

in normal times this keeps labor relations between employer and player not too volitile with only a handful of player/owner issues.  in times like this you see a system that was not designed for an event like this.

some owners are being responsible over the players who's contracts they control while other owners make us realize why the guillotine was occsasionally popular during revoltutions/revolts.

• Jackstraw 15 hours 51 min ago (view)

So they are all free agents?  Or still under contract and not getting paid?  I'm sure AZ Phil or someone else has covered this but I haven't been keeping up with all the fine points of baseball's problems recently.

• Dolorous Jon Lester 18 hours 24 min ago (view)

Manfred is such a dreadful commissioner. It's his job to walk a fine line and maintain peace in labor relations. Instead he lets the owners do whatever they want.

Cannot wait for a long, bitter strike after 2021. And for the owners to ultimately turn plenty of fan sentiment against players.

• crunch 1 day 10 hours ago (view)

"The A's told their minor leaguers Tuesday that they will not continue to pay them their current salary of $400 per week beyond May 31."

classy.  absolute class act stuff right there.

• crunch 1 day 12 hours ago (view)

Evan Drellich @EvanDrellich
    The MLBPA is very disappointed with MLB’s economic proposal today, source tells me and @Ken_Rosenthal, calling additional cuts proposed “massive." League offered to share more playoff revenue, but on balance, those dollars are small compared to what players give up, PA believes.

• crunch 1 day 14 hours ago (view)

A's are furloughing nearly all of their staff through the entire organization...including scouts, which make a shockingly low amount of money.

the A's are owned by a multi-billionaire who inherited his loot from dad (founder of The Gap)...and him + family spent $10m trying to keep Obama from getting a 2nd term, which i assume is their idea of a good investment in their community...whereas paying loyal employees for years/decades for a few months is...well...*shrug*

• Ryno 1 day 21 hours ago (view)

Depends on who you are.

• Ryno 1 day 21 hours ago (view)

Sorry--Just needed to experience a little normalcy.

• Ryno 1 day 21 hours ago (view)

That was the dumbest lineup I've ever seen.

• Hagsag 2 days 55 min ago (view)

True!

• Cubster 2 days 18 hours ago (view)

speaking of Trump's trained rats...

• Hagsag 3 days 1 hour ago (view)

Cubster, your comments about President Bone Spurs could not be more accurate. Thanks for posting!

• BobbyD 3 days 12 hours ago (view)

Cubster: I agree with your comments, save one. That the president is "leading" America. He couldn't lead a pack of rats to a NYC dumpster on an August afternoon. The "man" is a f'ing disgrace.