Desert Storm

The Cubs open a three game set in Phoenix tonight against a team battling their own set of injuries. For the D'Backs, it's Brandon Webb and Stephen Drew on the disabled list, although Tom Gordon should be activated for the series. So far on the season, the Snakes have scored the second least amount of runs while allowing the fifth most. I guess no better time to play them short-handed.

The Cubs go in with a two-man bench with Derrek Lee, Aramis Ramirez and Milton Bradley all sitting, and its unclear if any of them can even pinch-hit. The lineup, according to a Wittenmyer tweet, is Soriano, Theriot, Fukudome, Reed Johnson (yep, batting cleanup), Hoffpauir, Soto, Fontenot, Miles and Lilly. They'll try to scratch some runs against Dan Haren and his 1.38 ERA.

In good news, Carlos Marmol's bullpen session today went fine and should be available tomorrow. Aramis, Milton and possibly Lee could all be back before the end of the series Speaking of Lee, Bruce Levine Lee has been suffering from a bulging disc that results in upper-neck and lower-back pain...a result of a home plate collision sometime within the last 3 seasons. I can't recall the incident myself, so any Encyclopedia Brown's out there that can uncover when this happened, I'd like to know. Levine then wastes a few paragraphs explaining how Lee is a warrior for trying to play through the pain while Bradley sits through his groin issues. In the same paragraphs, he says how the neck and back injuries are basically contributing to Lee's poor performance. So Levine is basically advocating that Bradley play through the injuries to hurt the team. A grand plan indeed.....

On the top right sidebar, in the "Game Results" block, there's a link now for "Organizational Results". It'll take you to FirstInning.com and the boxscores from all the Cubs' affiliates from the night before.

Comments

best part of this series for me is that i dont care if i get stuck with the cubs or arz. feed cuz i like both booths. go EI.

Rob, what happened to the "Go Cubs Go" link after a W?

I could bring it back, but it's a lot easier to change the flag and info if I don't put it up because of the code involved.

If the team is doing well by August, I'll bring it back for the stretch run.

Fine, but if they're not doing well come August, I'll blame you for stealing their mojo. Fair?

Bradley available for a double switch if needed, him and Ramirez could be back in the lineup tomorrow. Lee probably not until Wednesday.

today...

My dish is out of commission for a few days. No better time than now, during a west coast trip in which I won't be able to stay up late enough to catch any of the games...

bb, broken bat single, Youklis flies out, then Bay 3-run HR, then Sizemore misses a ball on a dive and Lowell triples... He is hitting 98 though pretty regularly.

According to Len,Bradley can play field tonite. Starting tomorrow.

Jake Fox hit his 10th and 11th homeruns today for Iowa. He is just clubbing AAA pitching. Brad Snyder hit his 5th homerun and collected a total of 3 hits to raise his average to .297.

Put someone on the DL and get him up here. The fact that we have Reed Johnson batting cleanup is proof enough that he couldn't hurt.

Wtf?! Fuck you Hendry with your Joey Gathright and Aaron Fucking Miles!!! aaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggfhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

maybe if lou sits d. lee enough in first half he will piss him off enough and he will wave his no trade clause. lets go blackhawks 3-0 in third period

make that 3-1

todd bertuzzi sucks for many reasons

F ~ U ~ C ~ K

▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀

• Cubster 9 min 25 sec ago (view)

btw, gotta love the banner photo showing white cleats with Wrigley mud stuck to them. Great choice (and very 3D).

• Hagsag 3 hours 53 min ago (view)

Cant picture not having AZ Phil as a infomation source.

• Mike Wellman 15 hours 44 min ago (view)

On top of what everyone else sez, TCR is my passport to the I-Cubs every year. Plz keep up the good work!

• First.Pitch.120 20 hours 59 min ago (view)

I echo what everyone else has said. I am in no way an expert (or even novice) at the nuts & bolts of website construction; however, I have dabbled in some website maintenance for various entities. If there is a need for another set of hands, I would be willing to see if I could help ( or at least pull a Jonathan Herrera & cheer from the bench with an awesome helmet).

• Wrigley Rat 1 day 13 hours ago (view)

This site is great! It's pretty much the only Cubs site I visit daily, other than a Google search for Cubs news. 90% of the information I get on Cubs prospects is from here. Commenters are usually very respectful and it seems that most are well-informed or want to be. I'm hoping the site can continue. Thanks to everyone who contributes to its content! :)

• George Altman 1 day 14 hours ago (view)

I'd like to add, without meaning to take a superior attitude, that ALL the content and commentators on TCR are a step above every other Cubs Blog I've seen. I'm better informed, better briefed about not only what's happening but what's likely to happen.

You all have made me a better Cubs fan. Whatever happens,  thank you.

• Charlie 1 day 19 hours ago (view)

I will be happy to continue to do gameday posts for another season and would like to keep the site active. Thanks for your labor!

Sorry for all the delayed and abbreviated posts at season's end, by the way.

• fullykräusened 1 day 20 hours ago (view)

Like the other posters, I don't post often, but have enjoyed Arizona Phil and crunch (who was right about Jason Heyward :) ). I am grateful for all the work that has gone into maintaining the site, and whatever you want to do to make it work is okay with me!

• Cubster 2 days 44 min ago (view)

Chiming in that TCR is still a major part of my daily Cub routine and has always been my browser homepage. The site contains much love for AZ Phil and his subtle sense of humor as the war correspondent for the Arizona Scoring Service.

"Just because it isn't official doesn't mean it didn't happen"

• Hagsag 2 days 3 hours ago (view)

Thank you forTCR, and it is the first site I check daily. Please keep it going.

• Karl Pagel Blues 2 days 6 hours ago (view)

Thank you for this site. It's the first one I turn to every single day. There may be other sites with more daily content, but there's only one TCR. Again, a big thank you to everyone actively contributing here!

• crunch 2 days 10 hours ago (view)

no matter the future, i've learned a whole lot being here and i'm still learning.  phil's post earlier with the end-season instructs stats is a great example of this.  lots of love for the team, the farm system, and the game here.

also, it looks like dusty's crew is 3 outs away from going to the WS with 5 runs to cushion.

• George Altman 2 days 12 hours ago (view)

Please keep it going if at all possible. No other Cubs website compares. I've spent 15 years with AZ Phil, Crunch, Cubster. Don't want to see that end.

• Alexander Dimm 2 days 14 hours ago (view)

Like the others, I don't post often, and it's not the only Cubs baseball site I read.  However, it is the first site I read each day and if I only read one, this is it.  I hope you can hang in there.

Cubs baseball will be a little less fun without TCR.

• Childersb3 2 days 15 hours ago (view)

I've been reading, commenting and asking questions here for over a decade now. Cubdom wouldn't be whole without TCR.

Hope it stays in any form possible.

Whatever is most manageable, cheapest, time efficient manner you.

• bradsbeard 2 days 15 hours ago (view)

Absolutely want to see if stay if possible.