TCR Upgrade over the Thanksgiving Break

There's going to be an upgrade done to the site sometime over the weekend, so apologies if it's down when you try to escape your in-laws . This could last anywhere from late Thursday night through Sunday(the upgrade and avoiding your in-laws) and I'm sure it's a guarantee that the Cubs will pull off some big news event just to mess with me.

See everyone on the other side and enjoy the holiday break.

Tags:

Comments

Bruce Levine broke in ESPN 1000 with a 4 team trade involving Cubs, White Sox, Yankees and Blue Jays the Cubs get #&@(( @)*$++_!?>>>>...........

"Hello, Noah. This is God. Right. I want you to build an Ark. Righ-hh-t. It's going to rain for 40 days and 40 nights. R-i-g-h-t. And after that, I want you to build a World Series Championship team for the North Side of Chicago. R-r-r-r......i-g-h--t." Happy Thanksgiving!

"Hello, Noah. This is God. Right. I want you to build an Ark. Righ-hh-t...wait, isn't this an Egyptian folk tale? Umm...well, they didn't write it down. Actually, there has been a copy of this story found in the ruins of Alexandria R-r-r-r......i-g-h--t. Build your own damn boat...and gimmie some of those private stash apples...and a rib woman. R-r-r-r......i-g-h--t."

So you're saying it must be true because two different religions recorded the same event (and more if you count the Epic of Gilgamesh)?

Bruce Levine broke in ESPN 1000 with a 4 team trade involving Cubs, White Sox, Yankees and Blue Jays the Cubs get ---- not only do we get Halliday (and he agrees to a 3 yr deal) but the deal saves us enuf with Bradley and Sori off the books to get Holiday too. When Levine started splainin' how Hendry pulled that off he... (warning: system going down for 3 days of upgrading) Happy halliday and good turkeying everyone.

• Dolorous Jon Lester 2 hours 3 min ago (view)

I believe this is the correct take. It's surprising that Len is leaving. He's good, but he had gotten a little too rationalizey over the past few years for me.

However, it seemed he was heavily invested in the Cubs. His departure feels like there is some Ricketts-ish bullshit going on behind the scenes at Marquee that Len wants no part of. Anyway, I wish him well with the other Chicago team

• crunch 2 hours 39 min ago (view)

wtf...

is everything the ricketts touch just falling to shit in 2021?  ....well, except their heavy investments in taking over the state of Nebraska politically with one of the sons and heavy investment in supportive state legislators...

• Dolorous Jon Lester 4 hours 10 min ago (view)

This makes a whole lot of sense. Thanks Phil!

(And that HR off Hader was unforgettable)

• Hagsag 6 hours 34 min ago (view)

Shocker!

• Wrigley Rat 12 hours 1 min ago (view)

Len Kasper is leaving the Cubs for the White Sox radio booth.

• Charlie 16 hours 18 min ago (view)

I would be happy to see the Cubs no longer spend DH time on Victor Caratini. Provided there's a Kyle Schwarber or better alternative, of course.

• Arizona Phil 1 day 21 min ago (view)

DJL: I don't think Ildemaro Vargas being out of minor league options is much of a concern to the Cubs because as things stand right now he projects as the team's primary utility infielder in 2021. He can play all four INF positions (1B, 2B, 3B, and SS, plus corner OF, too), and he is switch hitter with some pop, especially from the right side (remember the 9th inning HR he hit off Josh Hader in September?).

• Dolorous Jon Lester 1 day 1 hour ago (view)

I'm a little surprised Ildemaro Vargas was tendered, given that he's out of options. He has value and isn't expensive as he is pre-arb this year, but still a bit surprised. Have to think he's got an inside track to an Opening Day spot at this point

• waveland 1 day 9 hours ago (view)

really appreciate the years and years of your updates

• Arizona Phil 1 day 11 hours ago (view)

BRADSBEARD: Strumpf was wearing a cast on his hand in Minor League Camp before everything got shut-down in March so his not being at South Bend might have had something to do with that. I don't know why Rivas wasn't at the ATS.

• bradsbeard 1 day 12 hours ago (view)

Do you have any idea why Rivas and Strumpf weren't at the alternate site in South Bend? I thought Rivas especially showed enough in ST games to be viewed as a legitimate depth option, especially with the DH.

• Arizona Phil 1 day 13 hours ago (view)

Alfonso Rivas reminds me a bit of Rafael Palmeiro when Palmeiro first came up to the big leagues and was a "doubles machine" (before he started hitting home runs).

Rivas played D-1 baseball at the University of Arizona, so (just like Nico Hoerner, who also played in the PAC-12) I don't think he needs a lot of additional time at AAA before he's ready for MLB. He's a very advanced hitter, as long as you are OK with lots of doubles & lots of walks but not many HR.

• Dolorous Jon Lester 1 day 14 hours ago (view)

I hadn't thought of that but I really like that option

• bradsbeard 1 day 14 hours ago (view)

I really hope Rivas has a chance at the LF job. Would ease some of the sting of Schwarber being cut loose.

• Arizona Phil 1 day 14 hours ago (view)

CRUNCH: I got the impression that Ross had seen enough of Schwarber in LF, so implementing the universal DH may be necessary before Schwarber returns to the Cubs in 2021. I think the Cubs would be fine with Schwarber as their main DH going forward.

BTW, I strongly suspect that the universal DH will be included in the next CBA, but whether there will be a DH in the National League in 2021 is still TBA (which is really stupid, since clubs need to know right now for sure one way or the other whether or not there will be a DH in the N. L. in 2021).

• Arizona Phil 1 day 14 hours ago (view)

Besides the guys on the 40, Cubs 2021 NRI relievers with a legit chance to win a bullpen slot in Spring Training include LHRPs Josh Osich and Rex Brothers, and RHRPs Jake Jewell, Trevor Megill, Dakota Mekkes, Michael Rucker, and Joe Wieland (presuming they are not taken in the Rule 5 Draft).

Brothers and Wieland are out of minor league options, however, so if added to the 40 they could not ride the "Chicago - Des Moines Shuttle" like the others could.