Royals Latest Victims of Angel-Cub Detente
Victor Caratini (Cubs) and Shawon Dunston Jr (Cubs) ripped run-scoring singles and Wade Wass (Angels) contributed an RBI double, leading the Angels/Cubs co-op squad to a 4-2 victory over the Royals in Arizona Advanced Instructional League play this afternoon on Field #2 at the Papago Sports Complex in Phoenix, AZ.
The game was halted by mutual consent after seven innings of play.
Cubs infielder Jason Vosler was moved-up to the "advanced" instructs squad from the "basic" squad prior to the game.
Here is the box score from today's game (Cubs players highlighted in bold and underlined):
1. Johnny Giavotella, 2B: 1-4 (1B, 1-U, F-7, P-2, R)
2. Kody Eaves, 3B: 0-4 (P-1, K, K, 4-6-3 DP)
3. Victor Caratini, DH-C: 1-3 (1B, 4-3, 3-U, RBI)
4. Dan Vogelbach, 1B: 0-2 (P-6, 3-U, BB, PO)
5. Jeffrey Baez, RF: 1-3 (K, 1B, 6-3, R)
6. Charcer Burks, CF: 1-3 (F-9, 1B, K, R)
7. Shawon Dunston Jr, LF: 1-3 (F-9, 1B, K, R, RBI)
8a. Wade Wass, C-DH: 1-2 (K, 2B, RBI)
8b. Andrew Daniel, PH: 0-0 (BB)
9. Jason Vosler, SS: 1-2 (1B, 3-U, BB, SB)
1. Humberto Arteaga, 2B-DH: 2-4 (K, 6-3, 1B, 1B, RBI)
2. Orlando Calixte, SS: 1-3 (BB, K, F-9, 1B)
3. Elier Hernandez, RF: 0-4 (6-4 FC, L-6, K, P-4)
4a. Wander Franco, 3B: 0-2 (4-3, F-9)
4b. Gabriel Cancel, 3B: 0-1 (1-3)
5. Anderson Miller, CF: 0-2 (BB, F-9, 4-3, R, SB)
6a. Chad Johnson, C: 1-1 (BB, 1B)
6b. Colton Frabasilio, C: 1-1 (1B)
7. Chase Vallot, DH #1:1-3 (2B, E-5, F-7, RBI)
8. Samir Duenas, 1B: 0-3 (F-8, K, F-8)
9a. Roman Collins, LF: 0-1 (5-2 FC)
9b. Christhian Vasquez, LF: 0-1 (4-3, BB, R)
10. Austin Bailey, DH-2B: 1-3 (6-3, 1B, 1-3)
1. Garrett Nuss: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R (1 ER), 3 BB, 1 K, 4/1 GO/AO, 38 pitches (22 strikes)
2. Victor Alcantara: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 1/1 GO/AO, 11 pitches (8 strikes)
3. Tyler Carpenter: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 1 WP, 0/2 GO/AO, 24 pitches (14 strikes)
4. Michael Jensen: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 1/1 GO/AO, 22 pitches (17 strikes)
5. Steve Perakslis: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K, 2/1 GO/AO, 12 pitches (7 strikes)
6. James Pugliese: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R (1 ER), 1 BB, 0 K, 1/2 GO/AO, 22 pitches (13 strikes)
1. Eric Skoglund: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R (1 ER), 0 BB, 1 K, 1 WP, 0/4 GO/AO, 26 pitches (17 strikes)
2. Pedro Fernandez: 2.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R (3 ER), 0 BB, 2 K, 4/1 GO/AO, 37 pitches (26 strikes)
3. Jacob Bodner: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 PO, 1/0 GO/AO, 10 pitches (6 strikes)
4. Josh Staumont: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 2 K, 1 GIDP, 2/1 GO/AO, 28 pitches (13 strikes)
ANGELS/CUBS ERRORS: 1
3B Kody Eaves: E-5 (fielding error allowed batter to reach base safely)
ROYALS ERRORS: NONE
ANGELS/CUBS CATCHERS DEFENSE:
Wade Wass: 0-1 CS
ROYALS CATCHERS DEFENSE:
Chad Johnson: 0-1 CS
WEATHER: Sunny & cloudless with temperatures 105+
ATTENDANCE: 22 (mostly scouts)
crunch 14 hours 12 min ago (view)
kolten wong rumors heating up for the cubs, too. i could live with that. giving nico hoerner 600 ab's a year sounds absolutely terrible after what little he did last year.
Cubster 16 hours 28 min ago (view)
WSCR online reporting that the Cubs are going to watch lefty Carlos Rondon pitch. They desperately need another lefty that breaks down with the regularity of my Comcast service.
crunch 16 hours 41 min ago (view)
imagine being so toxic that you go from a no-doubt 1st or 2nd year HOF'r to having to try for it in your 10th year...and then imagine doubling down on the toxicity every chance you get a chance to redeem yourself.
every time he's called out, even for minor stuff, he piles on more and then complains that people that have an issue with him are "cancelling" him for no good reason.
he deleted a slew of "those people that stormed the capital are great people" posts pre-election so he has some kind of self-awareness in that skull of his somewhere.
Cubster 17 hours 17 min ago (view)
I'm all for removing him from the ballot. His bloody sock already made it. That was enuf.
Dolorous Jon Lester 18 hours 48 min ago (view)
Ranting about how the elections (both his and the other clown's) were stolen.
I hope he ends up one vote short next year, just to really rub it in.
crunch 19 hours 47 min ago (view)
currently he's throwing a tantrum and demanding to be removed from the HOF ballot for 2022.
Hagsag 21 hours 49 min ago (view)
Will Schilling storm the HOF with a mob?
crunch 1 day 9 hours ago (view)
schilling denied (71.1%, 16 votes short).
some people did nazi that coming.
no one inducted this year...aram got 1% of the vote so he found more than 1 vote out there (4 votes). latroy hawkins got 2 votes for being a solid dude to other people (very friendly with the press and pretty much everyone)...sosa got 17% of the vote...
schilling/bonds/clemens are going in their last eligible class in 2022...could be a hell of a "controversial" class...but bonds/clemens need to find 50+ votes.
Sonicwind75 1 day 15 hours ago (view)
Arizona is allowing fans in the stands for indoor NHL hockey games but it's too dangerous to let players following protocals; at least more so than hockey fans, to practice outside in a controlled environment. Wonder how much of that is coming from MLB ownership trying to get a late start and pro-rating player salaries. Stall and save some money until more fans are allowed to attend later in the year.
crunch 1 day 15 hours ago (view)
few hours away from HOF announcements (6pm EST, unless leaked early).
schilling seems to be the only guy with a legit shot this year and i wouldn't be surprised to see no one get elected...
big up aramis rarmirez getting at least 1 known vote on publically shared ballots.
crunch 2 days 12 hours ago (view)
"MLB will hold its first-ever pre-draft combine from June 20-28 in Cary, North Carolina.
The combine will take place at the USA Baseball National Training Complex, with top draft-eligible college and high school players invited. As part of the combine, the top-88 prep players will take part in a tournament through June 26th consisting of eight games."
crunch 2 days 14 hours ago (view)
cactus league officials are requesting MLB delay spring training because of elevated COVID cases + deaths.
their summer peak was 70-80 deaths a week and they're currently at 140-160 deaths a week.
things should be trending down now that most of people that wanted to kill relatives in order to have turkey dinners in NOV/DEC seems to have peaked.
Hagsag 3 days 11 hours ago (view)
$$$$ for trump's defense fund.
Dolorous Jon Lester 3 days 11 hours ago (view)
But they got $600 a few months back. Each! That was an unexpected windfall.
Can't wait to see us acquire a 17 year old, 16 year old, 11 year old (all in the 15-30 range of Blue Jays prospects) and one of the shitty Jays surplus OFs. Randal Grichuk jerseys will be the new hot item among Cubs fans.
crunch 3 days 12 hours ago (view)
things are a little tight, we have to be patient with the ricketts family finances.
when TD Ameritrade was fully/completely sold in october they expected to get 26 billion dollars of value on the transaction, but it only got 22 billion dollars. the massive slew of millions that didn't fully come to realization on the ricketts side of that sale stings.
Dolorous Jon Lester 3 days 12 hours ago (view)
Trade Hendricks? Cant be true. We're "going to be competitive this year."
Sell the team, Ricketts family.