To Add-bert Alzolay
The Cubs will be playing a doubleheader this coming Saturday at Cincinnati and Cubs #1 pitching prospect Adbert Alzolay is expected to be added to the Cubs MLB Active List as the "26th Man" and make his MLB debut by getting a start in one of the games.
Here is the "26th Man" rule:
Beginning on MLB Opening Day and extending up through August 31st, a club can temporarily add a 26th player to its MLB Active List on any day where two games are scheduled, as long as the second game was not scheduled as the result of a game that was postponed or suspended the previous day. If the postponed or suspended game was from the previous day, a "26th man" can be temporarily added to a club's MLB Active List for the second game only.
1. The "26th man" must be on the club's MLB Reserve List (40-man roster) or has to be added to the club's 40-man roster that day.
2. The "26th man" does not have to be a pitcher.
3. In the case of two games being scheduled on the same day where the 26-man Active List limit is in effect for both games, the "26th man" cannot be switched between games.
4. A minor league player can be added to a club's Active List as the "26th man" even if he has not spent ten days on Optional Assignment (or Outright Assignment) prior to being added.
5. A "26th man" can remain on the Active List and a different player can be dropped the next day, as long as the "26th man" was not called up from the minors prior to spending at least ten days on Optional or Outright Assignment. However, a player called up as the "26th man" prior to spending at least ten days on Optional or Outright Assignment could remain on the 25-man roster if the player replaces a player who is placed on the Disabled List (or other MLB inactive list) the next day.
6. If a player is recalled as the "26th man" and is optioned or outrighted back to the minors the next day, the "10-day rule" clock (prohibiting a player from being recalled until he has spent at least ten days on Optional or Outright Assignment, unless he is replacing a player who is placed on the DL or other MLB inactive list) does not start over again. However many days toward ten that the player spent on Optional or Outright Assignment prior to being recalled as the "26th man" counts toward the ten days.
7. The "26th man" accrues one day of MLB Service Time.
crunch 2 hours 1 min ago (view)
baseball is fun.
Jackstraw 3 hours 57 min ago (view)
Cubs were 1 for 9 with RISP.
Neither of the Cards who scored had to take the bat off of their shoulder.
With the game on the line, Joe sends up Tony Kemp.
2019 season in microcosm.
crunch 4 hours 1 min ago (view)
p.alonso (NYM) gets #50...not bad for a rookie.
also, MIL wins because of course why not.
cubs are 2 games behind in the WC standings for the 2nd slot...5 games behind STL in the central.
crunch 5 hours 35 min ago (view)
i'll be over here watching Corner Gas DVDs waiting for 2020.
Charlie 8 hours 50 min ago (view)
Welp. I guess I will continue to pay attention to the Wild Card race? Dropping the Michael Wacha game is bad.
crunch 9 hours 31 min ago (view)
Dolorous Jon Lester 9 hours 54 min ago (view)
Another game, another set of golden opportunities to add on to a lead wasted.
Eric S 9 hours 57 min ago (view)
And nine hits ... with one run to show for it
crunch 11 hours 3 min ago (view)
6 innings, 5 pitchers used...and the cubs are down by 1 to show for it.
Dolorous Jon Lester 11 hours 41 min ago (view)
I hate Tommy Edman, and those of his ilk. The pissbirds are masters of getting a few good years out of middling prospect types like him. DeJong, Jon Jay, Matt Adams, Tommy Pham, Allen Craig, Matt Carpenter... the list goes on and on.
Arizona Phil 13 hours 4 min ago (view)
Trades involving players on minor league reserve lists are prohibited beginning at 12 PM (Eastern) on the 7th day prior to the originally-scheduled conclusion of the MLB regular season through the last day of the MLB regular season (including a day in which a Game #163 and Game #164 tie-breaker game is played or a day in which a re-scheduled game is played after the originally-scheduled conclusion of the MLB regular season).
Arizona Phil 13 hours 19 min ago (view)
If he makes four more appearances prior to the conclusion of the MLB regular season, David Phelps' 2020 club option salary escalates from $3M to $5M (plus up to $3.25M in performance bonuses).
Arizona Phil 13 hours 24 min ago (view)
Conversely, Padres closer Kirby Yates has allowed only two HR with a .184 OppBA and 13/100 BB/K in 59.2 IP and Pirates closer Felipe Vazquez (now on Restricted List) has allowed just five HR with a .197 OppBA and 13/90 BB/K in 60.0 IP.
crunch 15 hours 11 min ago (view)
rizzo / cast / bryant / schwarb / contreras / bote (2nd) / heyward / hoe / mills
crunch 15 hours 12 min ago (view)
kintzler available out of the pen again...welcome back
Charlie 18 hours 11 min ago (view)
Send back to manufacturer and ask for a replacement.