Cubs 5 Phillies 7. Made my head explode.

Follow up to yesterday's gif.

As Hunter Thompson may have said, dogs licked my heart.
It can't get any worse, can it?

Comments

Nice touch with the Harper bus!

i have faith in bill's good will prediction.  great guy.

Go Bill!

By the end of this road trip, Bill might really have seen some things. No shortage of stuff to discuss in therapy.

truth.

I've lost the joy of making this Cub fan blow himself up.

If I had continiued today, Dan would have dragged himself back into frame as a bloodied Leonardo DiCaprio and said, "I ain't afraid to die any more. I done it already."

dan has already suffered enough for his fandom.

• crunch 4 hours 59 min ago (view)

• Wrigley Rat 5 hours 51 min ago (view)

For anyone hoping to watch the Marquee Network this spring:  I'll be signing up for a free week of AT&T TV NOW (streaming service) on Sunday morning: https://www.atttvnow.com/accounts/select-plan - Marquee Network will be replaying Saturday's Spring Training opener at 7am Central and will have the Sunday game at 2pm: https://www.marqueesportsnetwork.com/schedule/febr....

• crunch 9 hours 25 min ago (view)

Mark Gonzales @MDGonzales
    From Cubs:  Marquee available in Chicago area through following providers:
    DIRECTV (channel 664); AT&T U-verse in SD (channel 740) and HD (channel 1740); RCN (channels 377 and 679 (HD))
    MetroNet (channel 29); TVision (channel 100). Iowa’s Mediacom (Ch. 51; 768/668 in HD)

• Hagsag 10 hours 13 min ago (view)

I have Direct TV. I called them today., asked what was the channel #?They didn't know.

• crunch 10 hours 54 min ago (view)

1pm central

there's still people figuring out if they actually will have the channel or not...it's been a weird mess.  don't think comcast is on board yet and directv just slid in under the deadline with a deal to carry it.  hulu has the channel, but supposedly they're not going to start carrying it for weeks.

• Hagsag 11 hours 59 min ago (view)

Ok, so what time will Marque go on the air ways?

• crunch 12 hours 32 min ago (view)

tomorrow's game has been moved to 6:10 MST (7:10 central) because of a threat of bad weather...sweet.

• JustSayin' 1 day 7 hours ago (view)

Solid % improvement for minor leaguers and nice to see the Cubs among the first organizations to break ranks to the upside.  Three comments: 1. Yes, the bonus babies have already BEEN paid but that is the minority of these young men.  2.

• crunch 1 day 10 hours ago (view)

more spring news...

i.happ expected to primarily play CF this spring.  rizzo expected to primarily hit 2nd going into the season.

• Charlie 1 day 16 hours ago (view)

That's fair. And  the discussion would be different if Almora were heads and shoulders above Happ defensively, which seems (surprisingly) not to be the case.

• bradsbeard 1 day 16 hours ago (view)

I'm not ready to write him off from the right side just yet. One of the things I believe about Happ is that switch hitters in general just take longer to establish themselves as hitters due to having to develop and maintain two separate swings. Given that he sees fewer lefties, you kind of have to give him a little more leeway to develop there I think.

• Arizona Phil 1 day 16 hours ago (view)

jdrnym: No word yet on 2020 minor league active roster limits, but I doubt they will do anything new since the minor league 7-day IL with no doctor's note required (sometimes called the "phantom IL") allows clubs to easily rotate guys (especially pitchers) back & forth/on & off the active list.

• Charlie 1 day 16 hours ago (view)

I didn't realize until today that the new network will be broadcasting almost every spring training game. Just a heads up for anyone else expecting the usual 4-6 broadcasts.

• Charlie 1 day 16 hours ago (view)

I think he's going to strike out over 25% of the time, but he's shown that he can be an above average overall hitter even if he's only batting .230-.250.

I'm also not a big fan of the swing, and I'd be very skeptical of him if the ball is deadened. Stats suggest he'd benefit from a true platoon despite being a switch hitter. Sure would be nice if Almora could hold up the other end competently.

• Hagsag 1 day 16 hours ago (view)

Kelly C. to the Braves. Damn it.

• First.Pitch.120 1 day 18 hours ago (view)

Let us know if you see Dunderwood shagging flyballs in the OF...