If 2020 were a baseball player, it would be Steve Garvey.

You know, the Padres have always sort of held a special place in my baseball heart.
They're that chunk of burnt fat off an Italian beef I got at some bar on Lincoln that stuck in my artery since I watched that Garvey homer in 1984.
You'd think it might be getting better after all these years, but now with this Yu Darvish trade to Garvey's old team to clear some money?

Tums won't help.

We knew change was coming, but whatever, man.
2020 sucks.

Comments

Damn creepy, vile and loathsome.  In other words: Nice work!

Thanks Eric. After I put it up I thought.. damn I'm old. I wonder if people even remember back that far. I still think about that day. Uggh. Sorry.

Then again, I still hate the Mets due to 1969. Makes me an old fart, I guess.

• crunch 19 min 6 sec ago (view)

rich hill (aka, dick mountain) takes his 70mph slider to NYM.

• crunch 22 min 16 sec ago (view)

sogard DFA'd...duffy up.

sogard got 180 PA, putting up .249/.283/.314

• Hagsag 1 hour 18 min ago (view)

I agree crunch.

• crunch 2 hours 29 min ago (view)

check out this box score from DSL M's/Yanks yesterday

43 runs, 28 hits, 31 walks, 14 errors (only 1 HR)

• crunch 4 hours 7 min ago (view)

the "cleveland indians" are now the "cleveland gaurdians"

they totally blew this.  the "cleveland spiders" was the right call.

• cubbies.4ever 15 hours 47 min ago (view)

Triandos $2.1 MIL is the 2nd highest non 1st rd pick signing bonuses by Cubs, only Dillon Maples 14th rd $2.5 MIL (no pool limits in 2011) is more. Maples $2.5 MIL is a MLB record (and likely always will be) for anyone drafted below the 3rd rd.

• cubbies.4ever 16 hours 37 sec ago (view)

2nd Rd - James Triandos signs for $2.1 MIL overslot of $823,600.  Leaves the Cubs $5,070 left in bonus pool with 19th and 20th rd unsigned

• crunch 16 hours 38 min ago (view)

cards take 3 of 4.

cubs 47-50 and firmly in 4th place.

cubs take on arizona next.  they're on a 4 game winning streak, bringing them to 30 wins on the season.

• crunch 17 hours 24 min ago (view)

d.maples hits e.sosa in the skull (helmet) with a 95mph fb.  he's up and walking, but he got smacked hard.  if this was boxing he would have been down for a few 10-counts.

i can't believe they're letting him stay in the game.  boog really can't believe it.

• crunch 18 hours 38 min ago (view)

...and righty arenado gives him #20

• crunch 19 hours 20 min ago (view)

6 pitches in...alzolay gives up a homer.

phew.  man.

19 homers, 16 to lefties (#19 was to a lefty, too).

• crunch 20 hours 25 min ago (view)

s.alcantara down, t.megill up

• Arizona Phil 21 hours 16 min ago (view)

At the halfway point of the 2021 minor league season, here are the Top 10 post-2021 Rule 5 Draft eligibles and Top 3 players eligible to be post-2021 Rule 9 minor league 6YFA who are most-likely to be added to Cubs MLB Reserve List (40-man roster):

RULE 9 MINOR LEAGUE FREE-AGENTS:

• Arizona Phil 23 hours 44 min ago (view)

Although the MLB Trade Deadline means players on MLB Reseve Lists (and MLB 60-day IL) and players who were outrighted off MLB reserve lists after signing a 2021 contract can't be traded after 4 PM (Eastern) on 7/30, players can be claimed off Outright Assignment Waivers through the balance of the MLB season.

• Arizona Phil 1 day 1 hour ago (view)

DJL: They are not Signed for Future Service.

• crunch 1 day 21 hours ago (view)

bryant's hamstring is taking wednesday off