Happy 4th of July, Cub Fans.

I'm in a cabin in the Great North Woods.
There's wifi at a nearby lodge, but it's kind of a hike.
But the really cool thing is... AM radio at night.
You can hear stations from other states.
Like AM 670.
It's magic.
One time someone explained to me why AM radio works like that, but I can't remember the deets.
Anyway, last night the game FINALLY came in.
Kinda scratchy and broken up, but... THERE'S PAT HUGHES!
I got to hear the bottom of the 9th.
Thus the gif.
Happy 4th, everyone.

And remember, it HAS to get better.
Now go back to Charlie's post, because I stepped on it (SORRY)!

Comments

Anywhere near Grand Marais, MN? I-Cubs are 31-14 away from home & 18-23 @ Principal Park. Is there a better road record in all of baseball this summer? Sure beats the sheet outta the C-Cub roadshow...

Well done sir!!! Happy Fourth to all

Happy 4th to you all.

• crunch 14 hours 34 min ago (view)

deleted that link.  it was a republished-to-feed article, not a new one, so it's not very useful.

• cubbies.4ever 15 hours 23 min ago (view)

Is Cubs 3rd draft pick Jordan Nwogu not going to sign?  Most teams are done signing.  Since the Cubs have the other 4 signed there's not a question of negotiations.  I thought Little (using his viral video of 105 mph as leverage) or Moreno being a promising HS SP would be the tough ones.

• Jackstraw 15 hours 28 min ago (view)

Apparently being run by the same guy who put Quintana in charge of washing dishes.

• Cubster 15 hours 52 min ago (view)

Joey Gallo tests Positive.

• Cubster 15 hours 58 min ago (view)

MLBPA sent a memo to player agents Monday saying that it and the league are “actively pursuing an additional medical lab site to increase the speed and efficiency of test processing and reporting,” Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic tweets.

• Cubster 16 hours 17 min ago (view)

4-29-20: White House senior adviser Jared Kushner told "FOX & Friends" Wednesday morning that he expects to see life go "back to normal" in the U.S. by June and "the hope is that by July the country’s really rocking again."

Well, that prediction has held up especially well in FL, TX, AZ and CA

• George Altman 16 hours 49 min ago (view)

I'm beginning to think maybe this guy doesn't have a good grasp on being President.

• crunch 18 hours 19 min ago (view)

"Angels summer camp workouts are optional on Monday due to COVID-19 testing delays.

The testers simply failed to show up to Angels camp on Sunday, and there were also apparently some shipping issues with samples during the July 4 holiday weekend. The Astros, Nationals, and Cardinals have outright canceled their Monday workouts because of delays within MLB's testing protocol."

neat.  this is going just great.

but hey, i'm sure a month from now we'll be done with all this crazy virus stuff going on...as players consider multi-game road trips through FL/TX/AZ/CA.

• Arizona Phil 19 hours 56 min ago (view)

With players dropping like flies and others opting-out, methinks the MLB season could resemble the last three innings of a Cactus League Spring Training game.

• Cubster 19 hours 57 min ago (view)

Cubs first Wrigley game is vs Brewers per Sun-Times. Full Schedules to come out in an hour.

• Cubster 20 hours 19 min ago (view)

Dodger stadium Covid testing site was closed without notice today. Long lines, pissed off people. ClusterF*cked Americans as the virus spreads. Here is the WSCR link that says KB is pissed about the lax testing by MLB.

• Cubster 1 day 1 hour ago (view)

Dodger's Stadium is a testing site. Except, you can't just get a test. You have to be symptomatic. Cough, cough...this is really not going well.

• Cubster 1 day 1 hour ago (view)

Worrisome. Astros and Nats cancel workouts because of Covid testing delays.

Trumpy: "Anyone who wants a test, can get a test." 3-6-20. Four months ago.

• crunch 1 day 18 hours ago (view)

"Yu Darvish threw his new pitch, a two-seam/splitter hybrid, during his first intrasquad game appearance on Saturday.

Darvish, who already had 10 different pitch variations in his arsenal, is calling this new pitch "The Supreme.""

• crunch 1 day 19 hours ago (view)

"I've been thinking about it and been thinking about it before we put out that statement," (Terry) Francona said. "I know in the past, when I've been asked about, whether it's our name or the Chief Wahoo, I think I would usually answer and say I know that we're never trying to be disrespectful. And I still feel that way, but I don't think that's a good enough answer today. I think it's time to move forward. It's a very difficult subject. It's also delicate," he said.

• Cubster 2 days 40 min ago (view)

Two White Sox test positive for Covid. Not yet disclosed who they are. Reminder that the Cubs are going to be scheduled to play the WSox for 6 games.