Oh, Man

Mark Prior was hit in the arm by a comebacker in the 4th inning of today's game and left in obvious pain. Preliminary reports indicate a bruise only, no fracture, so I'm thinking at most he'll miss one start and maybe not even that. Finally a bit of potential good news on the injury front. [Rob G. Update:] Espn is reporting that an MRI later revealed a "slight" fracture. No timetable on his return as of yet. From personal experience, a broken elbow takes at least 3 weeks to heal and 3 weeks for rehab although mine was probably significantly worse. On the other hand I'm not a major league pitcher, nor had access to the same technology and therapists that Prior will.

Rob G. 8 min 2 sec ago view

johann 16 min 37 sec ago view
  • I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

Rob G. 20 min 4 sec ago view

The E-Man 29 min 33 sec ago view
  • I'd prefer it not happen too.

Rob G. 56 min 22 sec ago view

crunch 59 min 52 sec ago view
  • Still don't want. Kinda hope they can't work out the extension.

Charlie 1 hour 11 min ago view
  • obviously not, and I'm sure they did their homework...just hope they have some better answers than the Yankees

Rob G. 1 hour 11 min ago view
  • Chapman 12+ Career WAR. Currently 4.7:1 k-BB. With Rondon/Chapman/Strop/Nathan/Montgomery/Wood...Its the best pen I can recall other than Sutter or Lee Smith handling things themselves.

Its gonna suck if he gets injured, and it appears he's not the greatest of characters.

But, he'll have another Cuban to hang out with on the team.

The E-Man 1 hour 33 min ago view
  • I agree with the names you mention but there are lots of names being tossed around still and there's that small matter of Chapman agreeing to the extension.

Old and Blue 1 hour 39 min ago view
  • Heyman, Wiatt, and Sharma are definitely reliable sources. Wiatt and Sharma have a ton of connections with the FO, and Heyman is one of the national guys who usually breaks stories first along with Rosenthal and Passan.

John Beasley 1 hour 42 min ago view
  • Twitter is even more nonsensical with names and rumors than usual right now. I'd wait for a real confirmation from someone reputable at this point before getting too worked up.

Old and Blue 1 hour 45 min ago view
  • wow.

a'ite then. i mean, at least they're getting one of the best at a young/durable age even if there's a heavy price to pay for it.

crunch 1 hour 49 min ago view
  • i pretty much assumed this would be one of the last kinds of things they'd do...give up a top prospect (probably the best in the system) to get 1/2(ish) year of a reliever followed by multiple years locked in at his market value.

i wonder if there's other players going back/forth, too.

i mean, it's not like it's a horrible thing...this is just something that seems out of profile.

crunch 1 hour 51 min ago view
  • Suspend him for the rest of the year and get him ready for the Schwarber era?

Old and Blue 1 hour 52 min ago view
  • Sadahev Sharma says the names are done. Torres and other parts for Chapman only.

John Beasley 1 hour 53 min ago view