Game 46 Thread / Cubs @ Dodgers (1 of 3)

Game Chat Ted Lilly vs. Derek Lowe Lineups:
Soriano LF Furcal SS
DeRosa 2B Pierre CF
Lee 1B Garciaparra 1B
Ramirez 3B Kent 2B
Floyd RF Martin C
td>Barrett C Gonzalez LF Jones CF Abreu 3B Izturis SS Ethier RF Lilly P Lowe P

Comments

Wow... the Pirates have scored 8 runs in the 10th....

Yeah dave, that's an unusual line: Pirates 10, Reds 2, Bottom 10th.

this game needs more less sucking.

and lots more hom rons.

go bases balls.

tie game.

MIL and HOU have lost, so even if if the comeback fails atleast all we lose is a game off the sked.

Hey..another Cub gets picked off and costs the Cubs a run!!! It must be a Friday night game...or a Monday...or a Wednesday...

Or any game that the Cubs are involved in!!!!

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this inning rocks.

Hell yeah Crunch!!!

I KNEW it was worth staying up late for this one!

Hey this is actually fun! Anyone notice how none of the hits in the 7th were on the first pitch? PLEASE tell me the Cubs noticed...

this new inning kinda sucks.

Lol...Hey Gooz...the frying pan, or the fire?

oh that's right - the real problem is the craptastic relief corps.

that game was a huge pile of wtf.

bob howry - you are a disgustingly overpaid disgrace. please go away.

This team is so easy not to like.

oh - and bob, take scotty eyre with you....thanks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

someone should tell that piece of crap Howry that he is not going to be effective throwing fastballs at 91 and no breaking ball.

i am wondering why lou pulled wuertz out...he throws 6 pitches in the 7th and mows them down..he in a big hurry to get to howry? LOL

I think by now Sweet Lou must think he was run over by an elderly Florida driver in December and has been in hell ever since.

• been like that everytime I've been there too including Jack Murphy/Qualcomm Stadium. Cubs travel well. It was pretty loud for Angels/Cubs this year and decent for Dodgers/Cubs but Dodger fans definitely turn out better than the Padre fans.

• When I went in the 2007-2008 range, it was at least 75% Cubs fans.

blockhead25 2 hours 28 min ago view
  • Jeff Sullivan on Kris Bryant's lack of clutch hitting in 2016. Very good stuff, unsatisfying conclusion (it's probably random).

John Beasley 2 hours 29 min ago view
  • I was at Tuesday's game in San Diego. It looked like half of Chicago was at Petco. We were much louder than Padres fans.

BobbyD 2 hours 30 min ago view
  • We may have a chance to catch one in October. Although hell, I couldn't deal with my co-workers if we lose to them.

blockhead25 2 hours 50 min ago view
  • think I have to miss this series too (also was at the Arrieta game last year). But in my case, just had a busy weekend with work and kids have a bunch of activities and we made it to Opening Day in Anaheim and a couple of games in Wrigley this year which we normally don't get too...so not feeling like I'm missing out this year.

• they're awful

• I hope the Cubs play three good teams.

Jackstraw 3 hours 7 min ago view
  • First year I'm not going to a Cubs/Dodgers game in a long time. 4 month old baby kinda changes plans around. But the no-hitter I was at last year can last in the memory banks for awhile.

I think Dodger Dogs are awful. I love hot dogs, but those are crap.

blockhead25 3 hours 42 min ago view
  • ayyyy...get a doyer dog, then.

• I'm going to be at this one! Am told a Dodger Dog is just a long hot dog. Disappointing.

• If my math is correct, if the Cubs play .500 baseball for the rest of the season, they will finish with 99 wins. I only just confirmed through Baseball Reference that 97 wins last year (and 2008) were the most Cubs wins in my lifetime. I think that last year while Arrieta was pitching better than Cy F. Young I didn't really get or appreciate what he was doing. I'm trying to try to grasp in the moment just how fucking remarkable this season is.

Jackstraw 4 hours 56 min ago view
  • This is awesome.

(CSN Chicago will air Vin Scully's call of the Sunday Cubs vs. Dodgers game...well for an inning at least)

• I figured this was going to be the most meaningless regular season in Cubs history...and it is pretty much on point, although I certainly didn't think we'd have close to a 14 game lead.

But, one bad hop in game 1 in October could change absolutely everything we will remember about this year.

blockhead25 6 hours 32 min ago view
  • oh he's great, there's like 10 great pitchers in the NL right now that can flat out dominate though. Picking #2 (behind Kershaw) doesn't matter much to me right now. Much like whom the Cubs will play in the playoffs won't matter much, they're gonna be good teams.

• The Cubs great pitching has a lot more to do with their great defense this year and plenty of good luck  (#1 in ERA, #4 in FIP behind Nats, Mets and Dodgers with a rather ridiculous .258 BABIP against Cubs' pitchers).

Cubs pitchers do strike out more hitters than Giants pitchers and do walk more hitters than Giants pitchers so that's a few more balls in play. Cubs' pitchers actually have a higher groundball rate though. Crawford is just really good and baseball happens.