Cubs 2000's Decade Trivia
Which NL franchises did the Cubs have the best and worst records against from 2000-2009? Click on the links or check after the jump.
Complete list and other decade trivia after the jump.
Pittsburgh Pirates: 95-66 (.590%)
Colorado Rockies: 37-28 (.569%)
Milwaukee Brewers: 84-76 (.525%)
Cincinnati Reds: 84-78(.519%)
San Francisco Giants 32-30 (.516%)
Houston Astros 83-80 (.509%)
Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos: 33-32 (.508%)
St. Louis Cardinals: 81-85 (.488%)
New York Mets: 30-32 (.484%)
Los Angeles Dodgers: 31-36 (.463%)
Florida Marlins: 30-36 (.455%)
San Diego Padres: 31-39 (.443%)
Atlanta Braves: 28-40 (.412%)
Philadelphia Phillies: 27-39 (.409%)
Arizona Diamondbacks: 27-40 (.403%)
733-737 (.499%) overall for the Cubs
Here are the Cubs that led in individual categories from 2000-2009. You can click on the link for the full leaderboard or skip to the bottom for the answers.
1. Cubs 2000's HR Leader: 238 link
2. Cubs 2000's Hits Leader: 961 link
3. Cubs 2000's SB Leader: 86 link
4. Cubs 2000's RBI Leader: 630 link
5. Cubs 2000's BB Leader: 428 link
6. Cubs 2000's GIDP: 93 link
7. Cubs 2000's Most Outs: 2342 link
8. Cubs 2000's OPS Leader(at least 1200 PA's): 1.002 link
9. Cubs 2000's OPS+ Leader(at least 1200 PA's): 156 link
10. Cubs 2000's Lowest OPS Leader(at least 600 PA's): .639 link
11. Cubs 2000's Lowest OPS+ Leader(at least 600 PA's): 62 link
12. Cubs 2000's Win Leader: 105 link
13. Cubs 2000's ERA Leader (at least 350 IP): 3.51 link
14. Cubs 2000's ERA+ Leader (at least 350 IP): 127 link
15. Cubs 2000's WHIP Leader (at least 350 IP): 1.145 link
16. Cubs 2000's Worst ERA+ Leader (at least 200 IP): 87 link
17. Cubs 2000's Saves Leader: 87 link
18. Cubs 2000's K Leader: 1324 link
19. Cubs 2000's Games Pitched Leader: 316 link
1. Sammy Sosa
2. Aramis Ramirez
3. Corey Patterson
4. Aramis Ramirez
5. Sammy Sosa
6. Aramis Ramirez
7. Aramis Ramirez
8. Sammy Sosa
9. Sammy Sosa
10. Ronny Cedeno
11. Ronny Cedeno
12. Carlos Zambrano
13. Mark Prior
14. Carlos Zambrano
15. Ted Lilly
16. Jason Bere
17. Ryan Dempster
18. Carlos Zambrano
19. Kyle Farnsworth
Pitchers are golfers
Getting tired of the caddy catcher excuse
Dan Vogelbach is working on his firstbase defense in Seattle. Seems to say the Cubs didn't teach him properly.
Oh my! Cards down 2-1 to Reds in the bottom of the 9th -- get a leadoff triple -- and don't score!
Gameday has stopped at the top of the 8th inning. Google tells me it ended up 8-4 Pirates but I can't get further detail. Guess I'll have to wait until the Cubs' website updates...
Phil, thanks for posting. Where do find the schedule? I have a condo in Surprise, yet I drove to Mesa and Tempe looking for a game today! Thanks!
Dear Baseball Gods--
My trip to Chicago has nothing whatsoever to do with the Cubs. In actuality, I am a Red Sox fan.
Well, if Strop had to give up a run...at least he hit Sean Rodriguez to do it.
jaso has a cycle and 5 rbis...pit leads by 4.
have a nice
bowl of pizza soupdeep dish pizza...or a leisurely walk around the notorious south-side (bring money)...shopping at one of the walmart supercenters...waiting in line to waste $20 at willis tower...
seriously, though...it's chicago, a lot to do. have a dog for lunch, a great dinner, and catch some local comedy.
Strange, because he really seemed to have the Pirates number last year.
Bummer for Jake -- I think this is the first time all year his ERA has been over 3.00, and that will be his number for the year.
Jinx remover -- your trip doesn't have to be for a baseball game -- lots of stuff to do here in town.
Guess they could always try to White Sox (and Bears...sob) approach: Never Rebuild! Seems to work pretty well for them.
3rd time this season he's given up 6+ runs to PIT...only team he's given up 6+ runs to this season.
7 runs is the most he's given up since august 6th in colorado...in 2014.
Over 100 pitches, only the 5th.
coghlan out...got his cleats stuck in the wall attempting a play (failed, but looked great doing it). walking off on his own, precautionary/day-to-day looking stuff...hopefully not worse.
also, jake arrieta is literally worse than hitler. 1-5, bottom 5. ...make that 1-6, bottom 5. ...make that 1-7, bottom 5.