But Will Peoria Play in Phoenix?

Kyler Burke had three hits including a solo HR and an RBI single, but it wasn't enough, as the Peoria Chiefs were defeated by the Kane County Cougars (Oakland A's "Lo-A" affiliate) 9-5 at the Papago Park Sports Complex in Phoenix today (and yes, I did watch both games simultaneously)...

Here is today's abridged box score (Peoria Chiefs players only)...

PEORIA CHIEFS

LINEUP:
1a. Josh Harrison, LF: 0-2 (BB, 6-3, F-8 - 1 R, 2 SB)
1b. Luis Flores, C: 0-1 (K)
2. David Macias, CF: 0-3 (BB, K, P-6, K - 1 R, 1 SB)
3a. Junior Lake, 2B: 0-3 (K, K, 3-1)
3b. Cliff Andersen, LF: 0-1 (K)
4a. Luis Bautista, 1B: 1-3 (1B, P-1, P-5 - 1 RBI)
4b. Tony Campana, RF: 1-1 (1B - 1 R)
5a. Nelson Perez, DH: 1-3 (1B, E-1, 1-3 - 1 RBI)
5b. Rebel Ridling, 1B: 1-1 (1B)
6. Josh Vitters, 3B: 1-4 (P-6, K, 1B, P-5)
7. Ryan Flaherty, SS: 0-3 (BB, K, 4-3, 4-3 - 1 R, 1 RBI)
8a. Carlos Perez, C: 0-2 (E-4, K)
8b. Jake Opitz, 2B: 0-2 (F-8, K)
9. Kyler Burke, RF: 3-3 (1B, 1B, HR - 1 R, 2 RBI)

PITCHERS:
1. Jeffrey Beliveau - 3.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R (4 ER), 3 BB, 3 K, 1 HR, 1 PO, 3/2 GO/FO
2. Jose Pina - 2.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R (3 ER), 2 BB, 1 K, 0/4 GO/FO
3. Rogelio Carmona - 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 1/1 GO/FO
4. Andres Quezada - 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 1 K, 1/1 GO/FO
5. Eduardo Figueroa - 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R (2 ER), 2 BB, 0 K, 1 GIDP

ERRORS:
NONE

CATCHERS DEFENSE:
Carlos Perez 0-1 CS

OUTFIELD ASSIST (1):
LF Josh Harrison - threw out runner at 3rd 7-5

Comments

Two games at once with accurate score books - pure awesomeness!

Finally, the myth is solved. AZ Phil is really Vishnu.

Negative. AZ Phil is an actual person. He's Keyser Soze.

That's only partly true. Keyser Soze is one of the Avatars of Vishnu.

Whoa

Thanks for the updates Phil! Great stuff as usual!

Unrelated to the thread... but tonight I learned, courtesy of YES network, that:
- The Cubs may have led the NL Central in runs scored
- The Cubs had a great bullpen last year
- The Cubs just need to shore up their starting rotation, and they will be in every game

not much interest in Gaudin, plenty in Guzman...

meh...i sense a guzman trade and a long-man gaudy in our future.

guzman's crappy spring, injury history, lack of options, and only having 2 days to trade him won't help, either. there's no way a guy with his stuff passes through waivers.

I live in the small town Midwest and am very glad I'll hopefully get to see Vitters in the flesh a few times before he jumps classes.

There once was a spring training from nantucket
Who's schedule was so long Chad would suck it
Goodbye, Hohokam Park
Rob, why do you hate the Shark?
I'm ready for real baseball, let's start it!

555. Nice.