2011 TCR Free Agent Frenzy

It's that time again, although I'm a little late getting this up. Hopefully no one will sign immediately in the next couple of days. I added 3 names to the MLB contest to keep it at 15 like years past. Click here if the embedded form doesn't work.

May the force be with you!

Comments

Embedded didn't work, 'click here' did. Let me know if you didn't get it.

I love this stuff!!

I'm not really into this stuff but I'd love to see the results.

I got half way through and I was like, these dudes on this site are sick with how much they know compared to me.

So I don't even HAVE half a guess with Cliff Lee, although everyone thinks it's obvious.

I disagree. I think there's a 50-50 chance he stays with Texas, just because.

The rest of them, who the fuck knows. And none of them really get my pants wet anyway.

I didn't really know who one of the players is. The most difficult part was keeping track of which #'s you used.

I put Huff and Wood to the Cubs, both with lowish probability.

Sort of surprising that some of those guys are on the list ahead of DP Lee.

God, I pray to you. In the High Heavens. Find a way to destroy Facebook, and Twitter, before we get into the hot stove league.

I beg you Lord.

Undercover Boss was kind of fun. Felt good to see Wrigley on TV in November. Eyeroll

*rimshot

Is there a "select all" drop down for Cubs?

I did that last year and it didn't work out too well.

This is the first year in the last 2 or 3 that I don't see the Cubs signing any of them.... weird.

"Blue Jays hired Don Wakamatsu as bench coach"

pickings are getting thin sandberg...

...and from the world of "check out my laptop, dudes"...

"Mets have hired Paul DePodesta as vice president of player development and amateur scouting."

...and from the world of D.Lee...

"Derrek Lee underwent surgery Friday on his right thumb.
The veteran first baseman played the last month of the 2010 season with a torn ligament in his right hand, which partly explains his poor overall numbers."

...and from the department of you should seriously consider hiring someone that can hit a baseball because pitching isn't everything...

"Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that the A's have won the rights to bid exclusively on Japanese right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma."

Yo crunch! September was Derrek Lee's best month at the plate....304 .404 .511 .915

what does that have to do with tim wilken? =p hehe...

these quotes are culled from rotoworld blurbs, btw.

Lee only hits like a major league first basemen when he has a hand injury. Had he been hurt all year, the Cubs may have done a lot better.

• E-MAN: Jose Paniagua isn't a string-bean, but I wouldn't say he necessarily bulked-up during the 2015-16 off-season  either, He led the DSL Cubs in HR and doubles in 2014, and he showed XBH power when he arrived in Mesa last year, leading the AZL Cubs in HR, doubles, and RBI in 2015. It's just that he has taken his HR power to a new level this year.

Paniagua displayed plus-HR power in Cactus League Minor League Spring Training games in March, and that got him a slot on the South Bend Opening Day roster. But he was sent to EXST after only six MWL games.

Arizona Phil 4 min 3 sec ago view
  • Rob Richardson 33 min 8 sec ago view
  • Martinez is one of my least favorite pitchers in baseball. I'd love to see a game like yesterday's against him.

Send Soler down!

Old and Blue 1 hour 27 min ago view
  • Awesome thanks AZ

Old and Blue 1 hour 29 min ago view
  • Great report, Phil! This organization has so many hitters to be excited about.

John Beasley 2 hours 19 min ago view
  • Ben Zobrist is very enjoyable to watch!!!!!!

Hagsag 5 hours 7 min ago view
  • given that he seems to only be throwing low 90s these days rather than the 93-96mph he used to throw, along with his wildness issues this year, he may end up passing through.

i dunno if something is wrong with him physically or his past shoulder issues has rendered him what he currently is, but he's been throwing a lot of sliders he can't control well and his fastball isn't as sharp. even when his slider wasn't working in a game he was still throwing a lot of them.

• Any scuttlebutt on where Neil Ramirez gets traded?

He seems better than some of the relievers on competitive teams. He ought to bring more than the waiver fee.

My guess? Toronto.

tim815 6 hours 43 min ago view
  • PHIL: It seems as if Paniagua has always played 1B with the Cubs. At 6'2 and 180#, what is his frame like? String bean? Have you seen him bulk up? Where do you project him? Thanks.

• Phil, what's your thoughts on which position players are going to Eugene and who is staying in AZL?

azbobbop 10 hours 48 min ago view
  • Ahhh...way to bring me down BB.

Still - a win tomorrow will be an acheivement regardless.

• Don't mean to spoil your mood, but with tonight's win the are 3-5 on the trip with one to play.

While I'm bringing the room down -- Richard comes in to pitch the 9th with a 12-1 lead...and can't finish the game. Woof.

• jacos 12 hours 9 min ago view
  • It is remarkable how my mood has become uplifted with one game against the Cards.

That is sick.

But, I have been an addict for a long time.

A W tomorrow and it will be a .500 road trip.

Also, to keep the losses in perspective, if the Cubs were to lose 10 games a month - a lot at this current pace - they still end up 102-60. Six months of the ride!

• So, the Mesa Cubs should be solid this summer in the AZL Rookie League?

And, I like the, "But did you know" lead in there. Something a little different.

I can tell really like this group of hitters in AZ right now.

What pitchers out there, other than Cease, should we be excited about?

Thanks as always for the info.

Childersb3 12 hours 58 min ago view
  • back on the Run Differential hunt... (aka The Hunt for Blue October)

Cubster 13 hours 27 min ago view