Carlos Zambrano's first relief outing in pictures

• Another day, another eight runs

jacos 15 min 18 sec ago view
  • I'm not sure there was another team in baseball that would flip a Dansby Swanson type of prospect (plus Inciarte, plus Toussaint) for Miller.  That trade was just comically bad from the start, and getting worse...

Transmission 16 min 43 sec ago view
  • Zobrist just keeps squaring up - and Soler goes yard!

Eric S 16 min 56 sec ago view
  • Pirates jumping all over Shelby Miller tonight - so glad the Cubs didn't flip a Dansby Swanson type prospect to the Braves for him. Two years of Lackey looking like a good alternative.

Eric S 21 min 33 sec ago view
  • 3rd inning...soler walked twice in the game...first time since aug 4th last year in the regular season (2 times in the playoffs, amazingly).

crunch 48 min 27 sec ago view
  • Good gravy, was that a much-appreciated top of the first.

Transmission 1 hour 16 min ago view
  • That's a good analogy, bb...  Nice to see tonight's game start with a 104 yard kickoff return TD.

Transmission 1 hour 18 min ago view
  • Grichuk won the game last night but a decent CF would have caught that drive by Ross. Good Cubbery!

Cubster 1 hour 18 min ago view
  • this game is WAY better than last night.

6 run 1st for the cubs...

crunch 1 hour 20 min ago view
  • Very bizarre game -- as you say, both Cubs pitchers were dominant until the one fatal pitch. It was like watching the Bears defense shut down a team, and then lose on 2 punt returns. Some better hitting with RISP would be a good idea, too.

• Trouble Boys, the Replacements bio, is a great option. I'm sure Chad loved it.

Tito 4 hours 3 min ago view
  • Amen Brick. What's the point of following early-season games if you can't over-react to them? What, we should be reading books now?

• "Weren't the National considered a near lock last year?"

No, I think you're thinking of Radiohead, The 1975, or Bowie's last album.

Although The National's Greatful Dead tribute is pretty cool.

• I don't think they're any kind of lock, though I do expect they'll make the playoffs.

It's not like I'm glad they've gone 4-8. I just don't think it's time to be all that worried -- just like I didn't think they were going to keep playing .730 ball.

Tito 4 hours 34 min ago view
  • vegas isn't a fan of the game because of how erratic and unpredictable it is.

SF has recently won 3 world series many thought they weren't supposed to win...BOS won a world series recently that they weren't even supposed to be in the playoffs for...favored teams with huge wins have seen 1st round exists...fun times.

• I think they'll be ok too. But having watched this team since the mid-60s, I never think it's time to conclude, well, thank god the drought is over. I've seen/heard way too many people who follow the Cubs say glad we're finally going to win the Series this year. Please. Weren't the National considered a near lock last year?

BobbyD 4 hours 54 min ago view