Site News and Downtime

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I will be doing a very minor security upgrade to the site at 2:30 PM CST today.The whole process shouldn't take more than twenty minutes. Once finished, I'm pretty sure I've figured out how to keep Chad out of the site permanently.

I kid because I care.

Otherwise, I added a link to our mobile site in the upper navigation bar or you can enter your phone number in the box on the lower right and have the link sent to your cell phone. I've also added a brief shout-out to those who were are top givers during our April donation drive in the lower left sidebar. Finally, reader Wiscgrad provided us with a wonderful resource that lists how the Cubs have faired in All-Star games, award balloting, the Hall of Fame and much more. You can find the link via the "TCR Junk Drawer" in the navigation bar as well.

Tags:

Comments

I meant an hour and there would be a big bug with my tabs and drop-down menus.

(sigh)

it should all be fixed now...except I seem to have lost the numbered comments. That might take a little longer to get back.

anyone with IE7 not seeing the image in the featured post?

and below the CBS ad on the right, is it all white after the stories?

Yep, not seeing image with IE7

I think the server I was pulling from for the image in the upper left featured post was the problem. Does everyone see Len and Bob now?

No idea what's with the CBS ad though. There's suppose to be ads below the story elements, seems to work fine in FF and Safari.

I see Len and Bob.

I see dead people.

I see London, I see France...

• Eloy Jimenez grand slam tonight. Hoping Soler power returns and gets hot but future looks bright in the outfield regardless.

Eric S 1 hour 55 min ago view
  • Have fun - It may be good for Arrieta to be facing a team that doesn't know him as well as the NL teams. A nice shutout would do wonders for his confidence. He is confident in public but baseball is hard and he could use a boost, I'm sure.

• Me too. I'll be at the game tomorrow and would love to see Good Arrieta.

Brick 3 hours 1 min ago view
  • Last few games have been the April version of the Cubs that disappeared completely the past two months.
    Hope they can sustain it.

blockhead25 3 hours 27 min ago view
  • Don't sell yourself short, Judge.

Jackstraw 3 hours 54 min ago view
  • I love this team.

Looks like Mother Nature is trying to call this fight.

Rob Richardson 5 hours 23 min ago view
  • Hey! I remember this team!

• The key for Heyward's offense: get early leads. Heard a stat on Mike & Mike on the way to work that his avg/power much better this year when the Cubs have the lead. And true to form he gets the two run dinger with Cubs winning 3-0 ...

Eric S 6 hours 57 min ago view
  • I'm sorry - I was probably not looking at the correct line, or spot, or...who knows!

I could blame it on the weed, but I stopped smoking many years ago.

Fortunately, I can rely on the rest of you sober and astute folks to bring the correct info forth.

• Oh yeah! It just felt like one for some reason.

• Agreed. I was not including Fowler or Heyward.

I'm just not a fan of 2016 Coghlan.....

Dusty Baylor 8 hours 37 min ago view
  • @Dusty Contreras if it's a Lester or Arrieta start. TLS is good PH too. You also forgot about Heyward, assume Fowler is CF.

chitownmvp01 8 hours 38 min ago view
  • I expect Soler to get optioned as well when activated and Cahill to replace Grimm. It wouldn't surprise me if Coghlan and/or Soler is included in a trade.

Maybe Coghlan is up to see if he can get on track before someone acquires him.

This move could also be to assure that we have as much OF depth as possible to maximize Joe's ability to rest players in September once we've clinched.

chitownmvp01 8 hours 41 min ago view
  • Maddon basically said as much...Fowler still kind of sore, they're being proactive, etc.

Tito 8 hours 43 min ago view
  • La Stella at 2B...Baez at 3B, or vice versa. Zobrist in RF, Bryant in LF No one gets bumped.

Dusty Baylor 8 hours 51 min ago view
  • If Coghlan is leading off, I assume Fowler is getting the day off. Who is supposed to lead off, then? Someone has to get on base for Bryant and Rizzo. Coghlan's OBP is .346 with the Cubs. Jackson's was .304. LaStella can lead off, but then he has to play second or third, and bump Zobrist or Baez.

Unless he gets hot, Coghlan will likely change places with Soler soon.

VirginiaPhil 8 hours 53 min ago view