Carrying the Pink Backback
There is a new rookie in the TCR bullpen and as a result, I've picked up my Dora the Explorer backpack and have assumed the position. Hmmm, perhaps that didn't come out right. All kidding aside, I wanted to take a minute to mention just a few things I do and do not bring to the table.
- A strong distaste for Derrek Lee and maintain that he is the most overrated first baseman in all of baseball.
- A love of the farm system, though not nearly as much as the farm crazy AZ Phil has. He's my idol. I hope to one day be able to be half the man he is.
- A heavy heart over the loss of my favorite Cub, Kerry Wood. I can still remember the day I skipped work for no other reason than to watch him pitch in his rookie year. What game was it? None other than the 20 K game. From that point on I was in love.
- A hatred of Bleed Cubbie Blue and all the smug attitude emitted Al. Long ago I was told not to mention this, but what the heck? True story, Al was not their first choice: I was. I turned it down.
- A strange list of favorite Cubs over the years that includes Rey Sanchez, Frank Castillo, Steve Trachsel and Joe Girardi. For some reason I never liked the good players.
I don't bring....
- The ability to kiss Jim Hendry's butt when he makes a poor decision. He's been given the resources and it's time to get it done.
- The patience to wait till I'm 80 for a championship.
- The language in my posts that caused TCR to move from MVN, but I can still be ok, right?
- A love to go to Wrigley Field. Call me crazy, but it's gotten frustrating to spend $100 and be surrounded by way too many drunks. If the stadium was filled with sane people throughout, I could rationalize it. It's TV all the way for me, though watching a drunk in any other circumstance for free is a fun assignment.
Hopefully that will give you an idea of who I am. I'll do my best to be active in the comments, so feel free to fire off questions. I'll submit to the grill. Roast away.
Ross just threw another runner out today and with his ability to control the opponents running game it got me thinking what the catcher plan is for Lester after this season. Montero is not good at throwing out runners and I'm not sure would be a great long term match if they decide to keep him. Schwarber if he catches definitely wouldn't be a good fit. Contreras has decent throwing #s and seems like someone who when he comes up could make a good primary catcher but do they maybe have him be that, release Montero and sign a primary defensive catcher to catch Lester?
Is this an old story? Regardless, it's awesome.
He's gonna turn 23 in a week.
Average age in A-ball is 21.2.
I'm sure he'll get a promotion soon though.
An all-round brutal article. He's not wrong, though.
Whew. Take no chances with him, please!
Per Muskat tweet:
"MRI confirmed #Cubs Bryant has mild ankle sprain. Will not play today. Not expected to go on DL"
"Nothing stunts a pitcher’s development like playing for the Orioles..."
Daniel Spingola, left/left, mostly RF, 31st rounder last June.
Going from a first place team to a third place team is a painful process.
Cards already whining
-via ESPN http://es.pn/app
dee gordon (MIA) suspended 80 days for PEDs. wow.
"excessive testosterone and Clostebol"
hell of a late-night news flash.