Baseball America Top 10 Cubs Prospects and Mark Prior News
The BA Top 10 came out yesterday...and surprise! Josh Vitters is #1.
- Josh Vitters
- Jeff Samardzija
- Andrew Cashner
- Dae-Eun Rhee
- Welington Castillo
- Kevin Hart
- Starlin Castro
- Ryan Flaherty
- Jay Jackson
- Hak-Ju Lee
- Mark Prior re-signs with the Padres on a minor league deal.This is the year!!!
- The Marlins are my new second favorite team.
- Jae-kuk Ryu is DFA'd by the Rays (insert obligatory bird-killing joke).
- Harry Caray #18, Jack Brickhouse #13 on the top 50 all-time sportscasters. Unfortunately, Joe Buck #31, Milo Hamilton #32, and Bill Walton at #39 make the list useless.
- The uniform patch budget must have been cut due to the Madoff scandal for the Mets (thanks to Cubnut for the link)
- Dempster still thinking about pitching for Team Canada in the WBC, the Cubs will do the thinking for Rich Harden.
- Another surprise...the Friday deadline to submit final bids for the Cubs wasn't so final.
SF continues their kickass losing streak (6 games). WAS is suddenly back in the WC competition mix via SF's suck. SF 7.0 games back and WAS 7.5 games back is a hell of a distance for either team to climb at this point in the season.
Nice stuff tonight... Brewers sweep Pirates, 5-3 Giants losing to Rockies 9-2, 5th Dodgers losing 2-0 to SD, early. Corey Seager strikes out in 1st MLB at-bat.
Still taking quite a bit of time
I was running something that probably slowed it down. Should be much better now
Is it me, or is the site taking fo-r-ev-er to load?
Trying to make comments dynamic such that one displays to everyone in the comments section as well as in the recent comments blocks immediately after it's posted (i.e. no refresh required). Second test
It's Magic. http://tinyurl.com/osa2pm2
"never been a fan of using closers in non-save situations." Tie game at home in the ninth, there can never be a save situation. So you're saying, don't use your best reliever today.
Sorry if this was covered in a different thread, but while I overall like this new design, the white type on the dark background is a killer. I may be in the minority on that. But again, nice job.
It was almost like Javy was saying, "see, O&B, same old Javy here." Guy's gotta learn you don't need to swing hard to knock a Chapman ball out of the park. Choke up, dude, follow Rizzo's lead.
The magic number is now 24.
Kershaw uses his 132nd pitch for his 15th K (Marlon Juice Byrd, with the tying run at 2nd), and the Dodgers sweep the Giants. Also, Pirates lose to the Brewers for the 5th straight time. So...with 30 to play, we are 6.5 up on SF (7 in loss column) and 8 up on the Nats, and still in contact (4.5 back) of the Pirates. Man, what a roller coaster the last 2 days -- fantastic stuff.
Schlitter still pitching for Iowa? Guess nobody wanted him?
JOHN B: Pierce Johnson and Rob Zastryzny were likely 2015 AFL candidates (I mentioned them as likely candidates to get assigned to the AFL in an article about the AFL last month) because they are starting pitchers who missed part of the season due to injuries and they need to accrue more innings.
I personally don't think managers use closers enough in tie games in the 9th. The mindset and adrenaline should be just like a save situation. You get the outs, you have a great chance of winning. You don't your team is screwed.