Baseball America Top 10 Cubs Prospects and Mark Prior News
The BA Top 10 came out yesterday...and surprise! Josh Vitters is #1.
- Josh Vitters
- Jeff Samardzija
- Andrew Cashner
- Dae-Eun Rhee
- Welington Castillo
- Kevin Hart
- Starlin Castro
- Ryan Flaherty
- Jay Jackson
- Hak-Ju Lee
- Mark Prior re-signs with the Padres on a minor league deal.This is the year!!!
- The Marlins are my new second favorite team.
- Jae-kuk Ryu is DFA'd by the Rays (insert obligatory bird-killing joke).
- Harry Caray #18, Jack Brickhouse #13 on the top 50 all-time sportscasters. Unfortunately, Joe Buck #31, Milo Hamilton #32, and Bill Walton at #39 make the list useless.
- The uniform patch budget must have been cut due to the Madoff scandal for the Mets (thanks to Cubnut for the link)
- Dempster still thinking about pitching for Team Canada in the WBC, the Cubs will do the thinking for Rich Harden.
- Another surprise...the Friday deadline to submit final bids for the Cubs wasn't so final.
Just scroll by.
John Arguello at Cubs Den with observations & photos from Monday's intrasquad game:
Pitchers are golfers
Getting tired of the caddy catcher excuse
Dan Vogelbach is working on his firstbase defense in Seattle. Seems to say the Cubs didn't teach him properly.
Oh my! Cards down 2-1 to Reds in the bottom of the 9th -- get a leadoff triple -- and don't score!
Gameday has stopped at the top of the 8th inning. Google tells me it ended up 8-4 Pirates but I can't get further detail. Guess I'll have to wait until the Cubs' website updates...
Phil, thanks for posting. Where do find the schedule? I have a condo in Surprise, yet I drove to Mesa and Tempe looking for a game today! Thanks!
Dear Baseball Gods--
My trip to Chicago has nothing whatsoever to do with the Cubs. In actuality, I am a Red Sox fan.
Well, if Strop had to give up a run...at least he hit Sean Rodriguez to do it.
jaso has a cycle and 5 rbis...pit leads by 4.
have a nice
bowl of pizza soupdeep dish pizza...or a leisurely walk around the notorious south-side (bring money)...shopping at one of the walmart supercenters...waiting in line to waste $20 at willis tower...
seriously, though...it's chicago, a lot to do. have a dog for lunch, a great dinner, and catch some local comedy.
Strange, because he really seemed to have the Pirates number last year.
Bummer for Jake -- I think this is the first time all year his ERA has been over 3.00, and that will be his number for the year.
Jinx remover -- your trip doesn't have to be for a baseball game -- lots of stuff to do here in town.
Guess they could always try to White Sox (and Bears...sob) approach: Never Rebuild! Seems to work pretty well for them.
3rd time this season he's given up 6+ runs to PIT...only team he's given up 6+ runs to this season.
7 runs is the most he's given up since august 6th in colorado...in 2014.