Hendry on XM Radio
Jim Hendry was on XM radio with Rob Dibble and his co-host...Stern something or other. The completely uninteresting highlights:
- trading DeRosa was the toughest trade he ever made
- too right-handed
- Fontenot and Miles at second base
- No talks at all with Baltimore for "the player" (Brian Roberts)
- couple of deals expected over the next few weeks, in 7-10 days they expect to add a left-handed hitting outfielder
- seems content with the bullpen, Lou and Rothschild will figure out the closer between Gregg and Marmol in spring training
- not going to the hockey game, currently visitng his brother in Louisiana
- Soriano's just streaky, not worried about his playoff performance or wilting under the pressure
- Sale completed within next month he hears
- Payroll is set until new owner is named, had to move money to add money
- humorous bit about not caring what the Yankees spend and he's spent plenty on his part and if he didn't, he probably would have been fired by now.
No mention of the Jason Marquis trade, but you have to assume it's one of those deals expected over the next few weeks.
On another note, this Stern fella sounds like a bigger idiot than Rob Dibble, which I didn't think was possible. He keeps harping about Brian Roberts and just called Mike Fontenot a "punch and judy" hitter.
Dr. Hecht's simulcast after the jump...
Hendry: plans on picking up another LH outfielder
sings DeRosa's praises for versatility, good person, etc.
but move (implying adding Miles?) was to get more left handed and DeRosa was RH.
Stern asks about Brian Roberts to play 2B.
Hendry: No talks with Baltimore at all this offseason. Andy's not
interested in dealing him. Cubs will go with Fontenot and Miles at 2B.
Hendry: expect a couple of deals in the next 7-10 days including an OF bat.
Stern: how about the bullpen?
Hendry: Even without Woody, Marmol and Greg can both close. Also mentions Shark, Guzman, Cotts
...says Stevens may help in the pen.
Stern: Any concerns about Soriano struggles in the postseason?
Hendry: He's a streaky guy, a 270-280 hitter, not the model of
consistency but he had 3 bad games in the playoffs but played well in
the 2nd half last year.
Dibble: what about the economy?
Hendry: our ownership situation is unique. What we have/haven't done
this winter is more affected by the ownership sale rather than the
Stern: Yankee's exorbitant spending, Salary Cap? Where do you stand?
Hendry: I've spent alot of money in the last few years. I've no
animosity toward the Yankee spending. I try not to be critical of
others. Every GM would like more money on the payroll.
Dibble: where are you? It sounds like you are hunting?
Hendry: I'm in my brother's neighborhood, play a little golf here but I'm not carrying a gun.
Hi Arizona Phil,
Has there been any news on Oscar de la Cruz' health?
O&B: Cease was apparently working on his off-speed pitches in his first & thrd innings, because in his second inning of work he just blew the D'backs away with high-velocity gas (that's when he hit 99-100 and struck out the side).
Wow, Lyin' CTSteve? He was just BEGGING for my endorsement last year! Lame!
1. I did not say the thing I insisted that Trans write down and attribute to me, or it was taken out of context.
2. Trans and his "roast" (aka, a Salisbury steak TV dinner by Swanson) are very low energy.
3. Make TCR great again.
Yeah, I'm fine if I don't hear another one, furlong time.
nice recap, horrible game...i hope to never hear another horse pun/joke for at least a decade.
Recap posted. ~sigh~
THAT WAS TURRIBLE.
Ok, fine. I'll do a recap.
Thanks for the post AZ. That's a huge attendance. Scouts must be excited about somebody.
Would you say Cease's performance was a result of working on his change or was it just a bad outing? And isn't Ademan some ridiculous age, like 17 or something?What are your thoughts on him?
LOL and yes. No need to even be that formal, can just say "Trans, keep my name out of this abomination of a discussion."
Carrie Muskat Verified account
Shane Victorino was released. Will have more details later. He was on Iowa #Cubs roster
wonder if he was released to retire or to try to latch on with someone else...
Tommy Birch [email protected] 4m4 minutes ago
Shane Victorino's locker at Principal Park is cleared out. #Cubs #MiLB
So, let me just make sure I understand... I could say something like the following, for example:
ryno: Off the record, I think that play was literally worse than Hitler.