Game 101 Thread / Cubs @ Diamondbacks (3 of 3)

Game Chat | Press Pass | BR Preview

SP *Ted Lilly SP *Doug Davis
  9-6, 4.49 ERA, 114 K, 43 BB, 122.1 IP
3-4, 4.14 ERA, 61 K, 38 BB, 74 IP

LF Alfonso Soriano SS *Stephen Drew
SS Ryan Theriot 2B #Augie Ojeda
1B Derrek Lee LF Conor Jackson
3B Aramis Ramirez 3B Mark Reynolds
C Geovany Soto CF Chris Young
RF *Kosuke Fukudome 1B *Tony Clark
2B Mark DeRosa C Chris Snyder
CF Reed Johnson RF Chris Burke
P *Ted Lilly P *Doug Davis

Before the game, the Cubs activated Alfonso Soriano and Scott Eyre and demoted Kevin Hart and Micah Hoffpauir. May your bat be blessed with many a run-scoring hit, Mr. Soriano.

During the game, Lilly and Davis will face-off again after their epic Game 2 duel from last October.  May you not throw down your glove in anger this time around, Mr. Lilly.

Please win!

Comments

I don' care if he's rusty. We need him back.

Welcome back Alf!

A leadoff homerun would be just the welcome he needs.

how's about a leadoff strikeout? =p

damn davis...at least he got 6 pitches outta it.

This lineup sucks.

Ain't no way the Cubs will be able to hold on to first place by the end of the year with their road play.

If they are fortunate enough to even make the playoffs, going deep into it would be truly amazing.

up 1-0 in the 5th but Prince and Yost just got ejected.

....annnnd that's your ballgame.

Well, first place was fun while it lasted.

....annnnd that's your ballgame.

Well, first place was fun while it lasted.

....annnnd that's your ballgame.

Well, first place was fun while it lasted.

wow -- sorry for the multiple pathetic posts.

CC with a 3-hit shutout.

Yikes.

WOW TED he's amazing, he can hit, steal, pick guys off at 3rd...he can do everything....

Oh, yeah, well, there's pitching...

Guess ARam forgot how to run the bases during his time away from them.

ALright CUBS!!
Keep going!!!

Two series in a row have to salvage the last game of the series. They need to take 3 out of 4 vs the Marlins and do it in pretty convincing fashion. A split in Milwaukee would be fine with me, but I'm getting way ahead of myself.

If were doing predictions, we might as well go for a sweep of the Marlins.

• The official police report on Chapman:

You can draw your own conclusions.

Old and Blue 1 hour 42 min ago view
  • Where is he going to play for the Cubs?

Rob Richardson 2 hours 9 min ago view
  • That was, ummmm, you know. A joke?

• Even from an on-field perspective, Torres is a 19-year-old beating up High-A pitching who also plays a great SS. Even if he never develops a legit MLB power stroke, he's still an obvious 4-tool guy with a very high floor. Sucks to trade away his next 6-8 years for a closer, albeit a great one.

John Beasley 3 hours 43 min ago view

pretty much sums up my feelings

• You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 9 hours 56 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

Arizona Phil 10 hours 22 min ago view

• I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.

• I'd prefer it not happen too.