Angel Miscues Help Cubs Rally for Victory
Roney Alcala singled twice, doubled, stole a base, and scored two runs, and Antonio Valerio singled twice, doubled, and collected two RBI, as the Cubs rallied for three runs in the 9th and defeated the Angels 5-3 in Cactus League Extended Spring Training action this morning at Diablo Park Field #7 in Tempe, AZ.
The two teams combined to commit nine errors, including four by Angel SS Franklin Torres.
Eloy Jimenez played RF for the first time in about a month. He has been nursing a sore right arm that has not prevented him from hitting but has kept him from throwing.
Here is the abridged box score from today's game (Cubs players only):
1. Charcer Burks, CF: 1-5 (K, 5-3, 1B, F-7, K, SB)
2a. Kevin Brown, 3B: 1-3 (4-3, 2B, K, RBI)
2b. Adonis Paula, 3B: 0-1 (HBP, E-1, R)
3. Shamil Ubiera, LF: 1-5 (1B, 6-3, P-6, P-5, K+WP, R)
4a. Eloy Jimenez, RF: 0-2 (5-4 FC, E-6, R)
4b. Ricardo Marcano, RF: 0-3 (K, 4-3, 3-U)
5. Antonio Valerio, DH: 3-5 (K, 2B, E-6, 1B, 1B, 2 RBI)
6. Gleyber Torres, SS: 1-5 (1-3, 6-3, 1B, 5-4 FC, E-6)
7a. Erick Castillo, C: 0-2 (F-8, 3-U)
7b. Mark Malave, PH-C: 0-2 (K, E-6, BB, CS)
8. Varonex Cuevas, 2B: 0-4 (F-8, F-7, P-6, K)
9. Roney Alcala, 1B: 3-4 (1B, 3-U, 2B, 1B, 2 R, SB)
1. Tyler Ihrig: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R (1 ER), 0 BB, 4 K, 3/2 GO/FO, 51 pitches (32 strikes)
2. Hector Perez: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R (0 ER), 0 BB, 1 K, 3/1 GO/FO, 23 pitches (16 strikes)
3. Andin Diaz: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 3/2 GO/FO, 27 pitches (17 strikes)
4. Jasvir Rakkar: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K, 2/1 GO/FO, 9 pitches (6 strikes)
5. Francisco Carrillo: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K, 1 GIDP, 2/1 GO/FO, 16 pitches (9 strikes)
CUBS ERRORS: 4
1. P Tyler Ihrig - E-1 (errant throw on attempted pick-off at 1st base allowed runner to advance to 3rd base)
2. P Tyler Ihrig - E-1 (errant throw on attempted pick-off at 2nd base allowed runner to score unearned run)
3. SS Gleyber Torres - E-6 (two-base throwing error allowed batter to reach 2nd base - eventually scored unearned run)
4. LF Shamil Ubiera - E-7 (dropped pop fly allowed batter to reach 2nd base and runner at 2nd base to score)
CUBS CATCHERS DEFENSE:
Erick Castillo: 0-3 CS, 1 PO
WEATHER: Sunny & breezy with temperatures in the 80's
Well noted. You may also note that Lester's Career Playoff ERA is almost a full point lower, and he has a lower WHIP as well.
Can't have everything, I guess.
i'm happy enough with the Lester signing, but Scherzer has more than earned the extra money so far. If he was in the rotation instead of Lester, this team would feel practically bulletproof to me.
Blaspheme maybe, but I think Scherzer is the best pitcher in the NL right now.
Maddon was pimping Russell for Gold Glove honors recently as a manager should do...
Here's some defensive numbers:
- Crawford (22.2)
- Seager (16.9)
- Cozart (14.2)
- Hechavarria (13.5)
- Russell (12.4)
- B. Crawford 2.3
- Russell 2.0
- Hechavarria 1.7
- N. Ahmed 1.6
- Z. Cozart 1.5
13.C. Seager 0.7
.978 FP, 11 E, 333 A, 162 PO, 562 Chances, 4.27 RF, 72 DP Turned
Let me guess: Land of Contusion? Puppet Prez Reagan mistakenly blows the world up due to a bum thumb?
Favorite Genesis video
Twitterverse reporting that Almora's examination by a hand specialist went okay, it's still just a hand contusion.
Attaboy, Eloy! Jimenez named Midwest League MVP and Best Prospect.
FYI, formatting of the web page is weird.
Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to Gabby Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.
White Sox new stadium name w apropos logo
it was between that and "more like the CRUNCH REALLY EARLY AM REPORTER because i'm gonna c.r.e.am all over this place."
i chose the classy route.
This picture is everything.
that was the 2nd greatest piece of performance art since Donald Trump's campaign
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌👌🎩👓🎩👍🎩👓🎩👍🎩 euphoric logic !euphoric loGic👌 thats ✔ some euphoric👌💻 logic right👌💻there👌👍👌 Carl 🔭 Sagan🌌💫if i do ƽaү so gentlemen 💯 i say so 💯 thats euPhoric logic right there Richard 📒 Dawkins🎩 (chorus: socrates died for this shit) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👓👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌🎩 👌 💯 👌 👓🎩🎩🎩 👍👌euphoric logic slam me the FUCK uP 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 john cena JOhN cEna
You can start the CRUNCH EARLY AM REPORTER. Then you can blog to yourself, and argue with yourself about Jon Lester.