Game 71 Thread / Cubs @ Rays (1 of 3)
|SP||Ryan Dempster||SP||*Scott Kazmir|
|8-2, 2.81, 75 K, 35 BB, 89.2 IP||6-2, 1.74, 54 K, 16 BB, 51.2 IP|
|CF||Reed Johnson||2B||*Akinori Iwamura|
|SS||Ryan Theriot||1B||#Willy Aybar|
|1B||Derrek Lee||CF||BJ Upton|
|3B||Aramis Ramirez||RF||*Eric Hinske|
|DH||Geovany Soto||3B||Evan Longoria|
|RF||Mark DeRosa||DH||*Cliff Floyd|
|LF||Matt Murton||C||#Dionar Navarro|
|C||Henry Blanco||RF||*Gabe Gross|
|2B||Ronny Cedeno||SS||Jason Bartlett|
Matt Murton has been called up and Eric Patterson has been sent down. Welcome back to the Show Orange Guy, and good luck with Scott Kazmir, who has given up all of one run in four home starts this year (thanks nohit). The entire Rays team has been enjoying the comforts of Tampa, Florida with a shiny 26-11 mark at Tropicana Field. That's good for second best in the home record in the American League and has helped catapult them from the worst overall record in the league last year to the current AL Wild Card leaders. Most of that turnaround can be attributed to their pitching and defense and not that sketchy lineup that I'm looking at. But I guess you don't need good hitters if you can "Execute to the Max".
Game notes fun after the jump...
- This is the Cubs first trip to Tropicana Field and marks the 112th stadium they've played in.
- The Cubs enter the game 80-80 in interleague games since its inception in 1997.
- Cubs starters have allowed three or fewer runs in seven straight games.
- Carlos Marmol is five short of the team holds record with 20. Bob Scanlan('93) and Jeff Fassero('01) currently hold the team record with 25.
Joe: "We lost. They beat us. Now where's my '09 Guigal Bordeaux glass...?
I forgot how rail thin skinny Carl Edwards Jr. Is - he threw some nasty stuff - hope that continues
HAHAHA! I love it here! Brilliant...
"The pressure of going for the regular-season wins record is now gone."
Brilliant. Maddon is a genius!
"Drink copiously but responsibly."
Done and done. Thanks for that.
Oil Can Boyd now pitching for the Cubs
- Joe will come up with more wacky dress-up ideas for the team to wear after they lose their next get-away game.
- There is more clarity on Spencer Patton.
- We play the Reds next. They aren't very good.
- We'll have at least a 9 game lead after today.
Ugh -- give Lackey a 4-1 lead, you hope for better.
That valuable RBIGIDP.
Someone talk me down here.
I remember AZ PHIL talking about Bour's power during the Hendry era.
Time to scrap the scouting report on Justin Bour and get a new one. Sheesh.
Rizzo in, Zobrist out, Willson in LF, Montero back and Almora batting 9th ... let's score some runs
Time for Mr. Oh to get some save chances.
Rosenthal does it again! Comes in with a 3-1 lead in the 9th -- double, BB, HR...ballgame.