Sunday Funnies: I wonder if the Yankees are scouting Cubs pitching in New York?

(Click to see gif)

Come on.
The Cubs are playing the Mets today.
Ryan Dempster is on the mound for the first time since his lat thing.
The Yankees say they want to lower their payroll by 2014, but with Andy Pettitte out with the ankle fracture and CC Sabathia with the groin and missing maybe a couple three more starts...
It's a simple limo ride for Brian Cashman.
Or...the subway for any of his scouts.
Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer's expected wheeling and dealing has to start some time, right?
I know it's still early but THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!

Comments

All GM's are starting to look alike. If he wasn't wearing a METS cap, I'd think he was from Kansas City or Toronto...

Nice "Funny"...

Thru 4 innings, he looks very, very available. =)

I guess I missed the part where he's the Futures Game rep for the Cubs. Seems like an odd choice, he doesn't exactly project as an All-Star at this point.

"[Ha] doesn't exactly project . . ."

His coaches seem to praise him to the skies. Two examples:

Tennessee coach Brian Harper on Ha last year: "He's amazing. He's one of the best center fielders that I've ever seen."

Cub first-base coach Dave McKay on Ha in ST this year: "I saw a guy who has a chance to be a great outfielder. . . . After spending a short time with him, I thought, 'Here's a guy you're going to see a lot of down the road.'"

People mainly praise his defense, but that is still pretty interesting to me, since I don't recall a coach or a manager referring to another Cub prospect as great defensively. As for the internet scouts, I don't think they see a player often enough to judge that aspect of his game.

... and not including his dinger yesterday, Ha still has one more HR on the season than the Cubs current starter in CF (Da Jesus). He's got that going for him, at least.

all hands on deck...

Maholm starts the 6th relieving Dempster's solid and shutout start.

5 IP, 4 H, 4 K, 0 BB, 0 R, 63 pitches, 45 strikes.

Also, he now has the longest Cubs scoreless innings streak since Ken Holtzman.

Theoretically (Theo-retically), if Dempster left the Cubs before his next start, then came back next year, would his innings streak continue?

3-Run HR -- nice way to head to the All-Star break

the counter roster move to activate Dempster...Voldemort back to Iowa

Lord Voldemort left a small bit of himself in a mystery Cub pitcher.

Will be interesting to see how Theo runs this trade operation.

Look forward to the gamesmanship and what he gets in return.

• j.buchanan with a nice start...5ip 2h 1bb 3k, 0r/er

zobrist with 2HR and a double through 8

heyward 0-4 :(

crunch 1 hour 24 min ago view
  • Mark Gonzales @MDGonzales

Soler likely to return Sunday, Maddon says

• Right now, I'd like to see the Mets first, Giants 2nd.

I believe that since most of the team from last years' NLCS is on the squad this year, they will really amp their game up even more to kick their ass in payback for 2015.

The Giants just do not have the depth in years past, and I think all things equal - and at Wrigley - they could handle them.

I do not want to see the Cards, period. Or their fans, media, or Joe Buck.

• I don't want to play Braves in the first round. Any friggin team in the league can win 3 of 5..I hate the first round. Furthermore, I wanted to play the Marlins in 2003 and the Mets over Dodgers last year.

With that said in reverse order:
    3. Cardinals: It will be devastating to lose in the first round, but even worse to their main rival. It is increased incentive for the Cardinals, especially after last year. Cards would have nothing to lose, Cubs have everything to lose.

2. Giants: Rotation in the playoffs scare me a bit, but what a lousy team.

blockhead25 5 hours 4 min ago view
  • 1. Mets--because of the losses in the rotation
    2. Giants--because they're not the team they were BUT they maybe have bullshit even-year magic?
    3. Cardinals--because rivalry and not making the playoffs hurts them more than losing in the NLDS plus getting eliminated by them in the playoffs would make for horrible sports commentary next throughout next season.

• Who's asking?

jacos 6 hours 49 min ago view
  • #TeamEntropy

CLE/DET rained out last night already, possible rain-outs in New York (vs. Baltimore), Boston(vs. Toronto) and Philly(vs. Mets) this weekend too.

Not only games involving playoff spots that would need to be played, but any that involve home field advantage.

• I got the first one! Second one I'm not even sure what even/odd betting is.

• any opponent preference for NLDS?

Mets are down to 1 great pitcher instead of 4. Syndegaard may pitch Sunday which means if Mets win the WC game, he'd be set up for Game 1. There's a chance they clinch a spot by Sunday so he'd pitch the WC and then we'd probably get Colon for Game 1. They've certainly had the hottest bats over the last week and month out of the WC options.

• Rob Richardson 13 hours 10 min ago view
  • Can't teach height and thinness

jacos 15 hours 6 min ago view
  • Hopefully Pirates don't call up A. Lincoln.

jacos 1 day 36 min ago view
  • j.buchanan going friday...should be...baseball...or something like it.

crunch 1 day 43 min ago view
  • Wow. I didn't know they could do that.

Nice for Willson, not so much for Addy.

billybucks 1 day 1 hour ago view
  • Game is officially called...also officially a tie.

Stats count, no make-up date of course.

Rob G. 1 day 1 hour ago view
  • Yeah -- seeing the weather -- I hope KB and Rizz are inside, wrapped in blankets and drinking hot chocolate.

billybucks 1 day 1 hour ago view