Caption This!

UPDATE: I wanted to give you guys first shot, but here's mine.

"Just a David Eckstein short of a full set."

Comments

"Big league math! 9 times 2 is... Err..."

holy scrap!

"I'm taller than you..."

"Anyone see Kerry's wife?"

Dayan Viciedo, a 19-year-old third baseman said to be the best player to come out of Cuba in the eight years since Angels prospect Kendry Morales, has defected to South Florida. In Sunday's edition of the Miami Herald, the 6-2 slugger is pictured wearing a Cubs cap.

defecting to the US a few days after the draft?

he should have defected to another country first...maybe it was a moment of opportunity to defect. it'll cost him money, but he'll make more than he would have any way you cut it.

-edit-

oh, he got here end of may...he's just caught up in "the system" of getting paperwork shuffled and lawyers doing lawyering things.

wonder how he'll project in next year's draft.

that kinda looks like a Cubs cap but it's actually a Cuba cap (pretty sure on this one)

He heard that the Cubs were being purchased by a Cuban.

The Cubs trio of little white guys scour the horizon for scrappiness.

Fontenot-" I heard there are alot of fruity guys that like to take pictures of ball players' asses at Dodger Stadium."

Johnson-"Where!?!?! Do you see one!?!?!"

Hey! How'd they get my locker combination?

f'n offdays...at least the next 2 games are night games at "normal" hours (at home, too).

"I hate when they let only tall guys play."

What happened to the Cubs on September 2, 1917?

an early leader...

"Reed Johnsot scans the field for the equipment manager who misspelled his name."

lol

in light of skyrocketing sleevemaking expenses, Sam Zell orders Theriot and Johnson to share an arm

433:

^ LOL Winner!

Johnson: Hey, is that Alyssa Milanno?

No really, the grass out is here actually painted green (not like at Wrigley). Wow, and if you look out past the outfield stands, they have a circus tent!

"So I have about 25% of my portfolio in T - Bills and fixed annuities, my financial guy says that's a good shelter to be in at this time."

"That's interesting, I've got $3MM invested in a real estate trust, but I don't know if that's more of a defensive move or not in this environment. Hey, did you guy's see the market close on Friday?"

Caption:
With Dusty Baker gone, the ban on scrappy white players is lifted.

In the most sarcastic Friends' Chandler voice possible:

"Can they MAKE this railing any higher..?"

"Anybody hear how Pie and Eric did at Iowa today?"

Scrappy, Scrappier, Scrappiest

The evolution of Scrappy

*golf clap*

"Los Angeles, CA 90217"

"9 game win streak, 2 losses in LA, 17 game win streak..."

/so mote it be

"So Ryan, ever heard of this thing called Parachat?"

No caption, but the photo does remind me of these stupid pictures...

You must be 6' to ride this ride

My favorite!

"Don't look back fellas, once Z gets done eating the water jug and fucking the bat rack we will walk slowly to the bench."

• Ben Zobrist is very enjoyable to watch!!!!!!

Hagsag 1 hour 21 min ago view
  • given that he seems to only be throwing low 90s these days rather than the 93-96mph he used to throw, along with his wildness issues this year, he may end up passing through.

i dunno if something is wrong with him physically or his past shoulder issues has rendered him what he currently is, but he's been throwing a lot of sliders he can't control well and his fastball isn't as sharp. even when his slider wasn't working in a game he was still throwing a lot of them.

• Any scuttlebutt on where Neil Ramirez gets traded?

He seems better than some of the relievers on competitive teams. He ought to bring more than the waiver fee.

My guess? Toronto.

tim815 2 hours 57 min ago view
  • PHIL: It seems as if Paniagua has always played 1B with the Cubs. At 6'2 and 180#, what is his frame like? String bean? Have you seen him bulk up? Where do you project him? Thanks.

• Phil, what's your thoughts on which position players are going to Eugene and who is staying in AZL?

azbobbop 7 hours 2 min ago view
  • Ahhh...way to bring me down BB.

Still - a win tomorrow will be an acheivement regardless.

• Don't mean to spoil your mood, but with tonight's win the are 3-5 on the trip with one to play.

While I'm bringing the room down -- Richard comes in to pitch the 9th with a 12-1 lead...and can't finish the game. Woof.

• jacos 8 hours 24 min ago view
  • It is remarkable how my mood has become uplifted with one game against the Cards.

That is sick.

But, I have been an addict for a long time.

A W tomorrow and it will be a .500 road trip.

Also, to keep the losses in perspective, if the Cubs were to lose 10 games a month - a lot at this current pace - they still end up 102-60. Six months of the ride!

• So, the Mesa Cubs should be solid this summer in the AZL Rookie League?

And, I like the, "But did you know" lead in there. Something a little different.

I can tell really like this group of hitters in AZ right now.

What pitchers out there, other than Cease, should we be excited about?

Thanks as always for the info.

Childersb3 9 hours 13 min ago view
  • back on the Run Differential hunt... (aka The Hunt for Blue October)

Cubster 9 hours 41 min ago view
  • These are the 2016 Cubs I know and love. Also digging that Cardinals OF (lack of) defense.

• Another day, another eight runs

jacos 10 hours 14 min ago view
  • I'm not sure there was another team in baseball that would flip a Dansby Swanson type of prospect (plus Inciarte, plus Toussaint) for Miller.  That trade was just comically bad from the start, and getting worse...

Transmission 10 hours 15 min ago view
  • Zobrist just keeps squaring up - and Soler goes yard!

Eric S 10 hours 15 min ago view
  • Pirates jumping all over Shelby Miller tonight - so glad the Cubs didn't flip a Dansby Swanson type prospect to the Braves for him. Two years of Lackey looking like a good alternative.

Eric S 10 hours 20 min ago view