A Cub Fan's Blessings & Wishes
As the holidays draw near it's time to start making lists. Even in the wake of seasons as lackluster as 2010 there are things to be grateful for. Take, for instance, the following:
1. The Cubs still don't have a mascot.
2. Most of the seats at Wrigley Field are still unobstructed.
3. Most of the events staged there are still baseball games.
4. Ron Santo still works there.
5. The scoreboard is still [literally] alive.
6. The Triple A team still plays where I live.
7. We're out from under Rothschild's contract & burdensome last name.
8. All of the other contracts are a year older.
9. Cubs are undefeated & unbeatable for another four-plus months.
10. Sunshine is a known cure for Ricketts.
Enough with Thanksgiving. What about a Christmas list?
1. A .648 winning % [aka, 24 -13].
2. A bullpen made up of one year contracts.
3. An honest year's work out of Zambrano.
4. A decent year's work out of Soriano.
5. Above average grades for the sophomore C's.
6. Another home[y] for Fukodome?
7. Hi-ho Silva! Away?
8. A pulse for Len; a muzzle for Bob.
9. A new sweater for Pat; a clue for Ron.
10. A once-in-a-lifetime season for all of us!
Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Heyward; Baez, J 2; Bryant.
Arrieta pitches like crap and gets a W, Lester pitches brilliantly and doesn't. Baseball!
Man, have we been giving up a lot of 2-out runs lately. C'mon Hector -- Eugenio Suarez??? Sheesh.
0-2 HBP = Cubbery
Shit throw by Szczur...
Nice to have a ROB G. bustin' a move with the posts.
Tony Gold Glove!!!
To have Billy Hamilton break your shut-out with an HR is like Iceland winnng in soccer.
Hamilton - good grief. Does he have Lester's number or what!
and there it is...
time to sweat it out now.
Yeah - I was waiting for someone else to comment first so they could shoulder the blame should cubbery prevail.
he'd actually have to get through these last 2 innings in 13 or less pitches to pull off an actual Maddux (CG in less than 100 pitches)...and I probably jinxed the whole game with my comment so I'll shut up now.
An efficient one-hitter through seven innings - seems reasonable to me.
Quite the contrast from last night
It's really quite enjoyable watching Lester dissect the strike zone and a lineup like this...dare I say Maddux-like?
Eloy Jimenez and Jeimer Candelario named to Futures Game...
See past Cubs' participants here. Let me know if you see a mistake or any other info that may prove useful and I can add it.
Now pitching for the Cincinnati Reds:
Sorry if I made it sound like a Schwarber for Sale straight up deal was reasonable, obviously Cubs would need to give up more than that. You don't trade Sale unless you're rebuilding and if you're rebuilding you want more than one piece. Easily 3-4 pieces with Schwarber being the main one...but that type of an ace arm or All-star talent with a few years of control is the type of return the Cubs should look for if they move Schwarber. I don't think they'll move him until he's healthy though. TheJedi are pretty good at maximizing trade value.