A Cub Fan's Blessings & Wishes
As the holidays draw near it's time to start making lists. Even in the wake of seasons as lackluster as 2010 there are things to be grateful for. Take, for instance, the following:
1. The Cubs still don't have a mascot.
2. Most of the seats at Wrigley Field are still unobstructed.
3. Most of the events staged there are still baseball games.
4. Ron Santo still works there.
5. The scoreboard is still [literally] alive.
6. The Triple A team still plays where I live.
7. We're out from under Rothschild's contract & burdensome last name.
8. All of the other contracts are a year older.
9. Cubs are undefeated & unbeatable for another four-plus months.
10. Sunshine is a known cure for Ricketts.
Enough with Thanksgiving. What about a Christmas list?
1. A .648 winning % [aka, 24 -13].
2. A bullpen made up of one year contracts.
3. An honest year's work out of Zambrano.
4. A decent year's work out of Soriano.
5. Above average grades for the sophomore C's.
6. Another home[y] for Fukodome?
7. Hi-ho Silva! Away?
8. A pulse for Len; a muzzle for Bob.
9. A new sweater for Pat; a clue for Ron.
10. A once-in-a-lifetime season for all of us!
That little switcheroo with Zobrist and Rizzo cost me 2 points in the predictions game--damn it.
We'll always have 1985. Nothing else, but we'll always have that.
Nationals 2B Daniel Murphy likely to miss rest of regular season
RVIMPENY: It's raining today so the Cubs will probably play intrasquad game(s) tomorrow and/or Saturday, but it's pretty much a day-to-day proposition, and a lot of times it's decided at the last minute.
Best bet is to check in at Riverview in the morning and ask somebody what's going on that day.
Thanks Phil, I had the Salt River chart, but based on that, it looks like they hardly play and was not on the Surprise on 9/28...I assume they do not really want fans there anyway? Do you know if they play today, Friday or Sat? Sorry to be a pain, but I am only here until Sunday.
John Arguello at Cubs Den with observations & photos from Tuesday's Cubs instructs intrasquad game:
Guess which one is Vogelberg
Bear fans are so impatient! They signed that great All-American QB out of Columbia--Luckman--just a little while ago, didn't they? Now it's the Eagles' turn. After all, it's been almost ten years since McNabb.
" . . . when he signed Edwin Jackson?"
He makes a lot of moves, people remember the ones that pan out. Kind of like MJ's approach to shooting. When it all shakes out, you get a formidable 25-man roster.
For the rookie hazing "dress up" day, the Mariners made him dress like the Farley Chippendales dancer.
Steven Matz to undergo “imminent” elbow surgery.
Just scroll by.
Pitchers are golfers
Getting tired of the caddy catcher excuse
Dan Vogelbach is working on his firstbase defense in Seattle. Seems to say the Cubs didn't teach him properly.
Oh my! Cards down 2-1 to Reds in the bottom of the 9th -- get a leadoff triple -- and don't score!